Forums

Help › Forums

I need Suggestions for leveling the field in club Tournaments

Sun, Jun 19 2011 9:19 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 4:37 PM

I am a new member of a country club and there seems to be a wide gap in the playing ability of the membership.  Many of the members have been talking about coming up with some type of handicap to give everyone a chance at winning club tourneys.  Being one of the better players and winning a tournament after only being in the country club a week or so, I think it's a great idea and I would like to know how other country clubs handle this situation.

I don't know if we should just have tournaments for different tiers or averages or what we should do.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 3:56 AM

Anyone?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 7:42 AM

BeechFL:
    I don't know if we should just have tournaments for different tiers or averages or what we should do.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That's what I would do.

Hopefully the non-eligible players don't jump in and play, since credits are automatically awarded.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 11:06 AM

One thing is for sure. Whatever you do, it'll upset someone.

• wrenny
    29 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2011 2:50 PM

So why aren't there handicap tournaments ? - it can't be too much hassle to award a handicap and then produce a net score for a stroke play round

• MrMcCormick
    69 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2011 5:45 PM

I RUN HANDICAP TOURNAMENTS... and give away free credits...

I am the only country club that I know of that does every tournament based on handicap.

If you want to join just let me know.

-MrMcCormick

True Talents Tour

• wrenny
    29 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 3:13 AM

How do you organise it?

RP

• silky4015
    255 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 1:45 AM

When you set up the game and you get to GAME MODE click on RANKED. This levels the playing field. I do this at my CC which is Lincoln Green. I am the best player and therefore I play off the white tees, while the lower played play of the tee that is allotted to their skill of the game, sometimes I’m playing 50 yards longer than they are. The good thing is, I sometimes loose and the chaps enjoy winning the game.  

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 2:52 AM

piztaker:
    One thing is for sure. Whatever you do, it'll upset someone.

Absolutely true !

Get ready for frustration, especially well-intentioned acts will be misconstrued and I can only say, running a club is a tough job.  Good luck.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 3:34 AM

Maybe an exclusive tourney for cc owners would be fun..handicap based of course :0)

The BeechFL Cup maybe..?

heavy is the head that wears the crown my friend...Shakespeare/Limp Biskit..lol!

nan

• PAGES
RSS