Forums

Help › Forums

FAQ on the new Mobile Apparel?

Tue, Mar 17 2020 6:02 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2017 12:25 PM
    If not I guess it's a figure it out as we go kind of thing. Lasts for 30 minutes. Only get points if you win?? Can upgrade apparel with silver coins (mobile). Guess it's something to spend 55 million of the things on. I play on a kindle tablet but activated the timer on my iPhone. as the update hasn't come out for my Fire tablet yet. 6 hours timer in between uses. What is brush stroke power? I got some kind of shorts that give coin bonus +2% and something called "brush surface power" +22. I upgraded one time with more coins. 200 i think was the cost. doesnt matter. have plenty. Shorts are currently 4/10 and level 3. There are set bonuses of some kind. must all be same brand. First level is Topgolf sponsor. feel free to chime in with more info. (hate this wall of text the forums keep changing my posts to)
  • JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2017 12:53 PM

So far it seems that sponsorship only works on coin/h2h games. Mods don't carry over to other games. Although you're not left naked. It would be nice to see a FAQ on what's available, how mods work, and what upgrading apparel does. e.g. Apparel might say 1/5. Does reaching 5/5 give more mods, more power to mods...

Most people probably won't like it, as it's like playing with different clubs depending on the game.

Sponsorship lasts a half hour and regenerate after about 5 hours. Or you can buy more. Careful, some things only cost coins, but others need credits.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2017 2:01 PM
    yes i forgot that about credits. You can speed up the timer on the sponsorship by using credits. (i suppose some people will do so)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2017 2:02 PM
    yes i forgot that about credits. You can speed up the timer on the sponsorship by using credits. (i suppose some people will do so). That is the only thing (so far) that I've seen credits for.
  • UnPincoPallino
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 11:24 PM

Yes Mythanatos, it' s true, there is no informations about this stuff, maybe the WGT team wait that apparel come to the PC version too

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 4:12 PM
    The mobile version jumped the shark IMHO now I just use the NOX mobile version to get free creds.
  • jewel7161
    13 Posts
    Sat, Nov 18 2017 11:58 PM

I've been looking up how to upgrade apparel with no luck. WGT does not say how. Do you have any ideas. I have a foxwind hat that says upgrade 55/2. What the heck does that mean if you can't upgrade. I also have close to 5 mill. coins.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 12:19 PM

Two months later we don’t seem to have any more information than when the update came out. Lots of WGT Facebook posts about this wonderful new feature, but nothing about how it works. Here’s what I know and don’t yet know.

The clothing comes in 5 brands. The more you win the more brands are unlocked. Each brand and clothing article comes with increased advantages. Each article also comes with multiple levels. 

Once you reach level 4 of all articles of the same brand, you get ‘set’ bonuses. That’s the 1/5-5/5 you see on the chart referring to set bonuses. So if you have hat, shoes, gloves. Pants, and shirts from one brand => Level 4, you get the set bonus. Depending on the brand (sponsor), the bonus varies. Could be an upgraded pack on a win, could be a partial refund on a loss. But don’t get excited. If you’re at level 4, your chances of getting the bonus may be 10%. When you reach level 6 or 9 of all articles, the percentage goes up. Maybe to 15% or slightly higher. If you get there, it will have taken a long time and bunches of coins.

For example, to get a level 5 hat it may take 200 points (those points you get from 2-20 of when you win) and you don’t get to choose where they are applied. Once you get to the point level, you get the option to buy the upgrade. At higher levels that can be 30,000 coins or more. (Well, you wanted something to spend coins on).

But, you can’t mix and match clothing. For example I have an SE hat that gives me a 301yd drive. But to get the set bonus (in the case of SE0, I have to wear all their clothes to get an 11% chance of gettin a better bonus pack on a win. And some of the benefits are not what I’d want. I don’t need 3% more XP earnings, or more wedge spin. I rather get more coins, or longer distance clubs. Or putting precision or forgiveness.

now, what I don’t know. You get these advantages with added numbers (35 more, 56 more) of whatever. With club distance, they tell you the yardage. But if it’s more spin or precision or whatever, you don’t know how much. I’ve seen players hit out of the brush and go as far as they would from the fairway, but don’t know how. And finally, WTF is brush surface power, sand surface power, and dirt power? How do I adjust my shot if I have these things? Or do I just pretend I don’t have them and be surprised when my shot goes flying past the hole with a hybrid out of 60-70% brush.

come on, WGT... How about giving us a clue instead of treating it like a dangled carrot that we need to have.

And maybe let us choose what benefit goes with what clothing. Or do we have to wear outfits looking like they were designed by Lady Gaga on an acid trip in ugly plaid that belong with sans-a-belt slacks and Bermuda shorts?

• LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 12:55 PM

Great recap. Thanks for sharing. See you on the links.

• LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 6:19 PM

Now that it's been a few months since the change, how are folks feeling about it now that you have had a chance to get used to it?

• PAGES
RSS