Forums

Help › Forums

Who won the VUSO?

Sat, Sep 30 2017 2:20 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2017 6:54 PM
    The prize's value shows on Joe's earnings and a week later, WGT sends Woodo an email congratulating him on winning this year's VUSO. In a similar situation, a few years ago, the prize money/value was given to the same person that got the trip (finished in 2nd place). Being as it all came 2 months later than normal, I would venture to guess that there was some confusion due to 1st place and eligibility. Why no official announcement, as has always been then case?
  • Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2017 7:46 PM
    Math doesn't lie. Lol. Then comes: Proof or liar.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2017 10:38 AM
    Maybe try asking the top players who won. It's strange they didn't put it on the WGT News page. Mag's would probably know
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2017 10:59 AM
    Don, I may have used wrong title for post. Woodo received an email earler this week from WGT stating he had won the trip. Several weeks ago, the prize money/value was added to Joe's earnings, indicating that he won. Seems to cruel to post the prize value on one player's account, yet never tell whether he won or not, then weeks later, send an email to another player, who had also been left in the dark, telling him he won. Dual cruelty. Unless that email to G was a screw-up like the added prize value was, then I know who won. I'm just curious as to why it prolonged, why one player was given the value of the prize and a different player was rewarded with the prize.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2017 11:15 AM
    LMAO. Like there isn't enough stink all over this year's VUSO. Jeez............
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2017 11:22 AM
    I agree, don't leave them hanging. They should have posted it in the news section.
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2017 11:59 AM
    Joe got an e-mail on the 11th of this month saying........."Get your prize from the virtual U S Open"
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2017 12:24 PM
    Joe got an e-mail on the 11th of this month saying........."Get your prize from the virtual U S Open" And then woodo gets an email exactly 2 weeks later informing he won: We’re happy to let you know that you’ve won the VUSO Grand Prize on WGT. WGT craziness.
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2017 12:27 PM
    My thought would be that you have to take the trip offered, no cash value, and Joe said he wouldn't be able to fly half way around the world for a golf tournament! So they gave it to 2nd Place...just a thought.
  • PAGES
RSS