Forums

Help › Forums

Levels of Play

Thu, Sep 28 2017 3:09 PM (7 replies)
  • Sven0816
    11 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 3:14 PM

First time post with a question for the group:

Been playing for about 6 months and have advanced to level 76 Tour Pro.  Really enjoying the game.  In my most recent 3 hole match, the chat began with this question to me from a Master level player.

"You've only bought one club, a driver?"

I replied in the affirmative and inquired as to why he asked.

"You're hitting from the ladies' tee...a big advantage when playing against those from the same level."

He seemed half pissed and implied that I should buy more clubs.  He said that would move me further back in the tee box.  

I thanked him for the info but I'm confused.  Am I supposed to spend money or otherwise obtain credits to purchase new equipment to remain in good stead.  I just want to have fun.  I'm not intending to take advantage of anyone. 

Thoughts?

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 6:24 PM

He's implying that your a sandbagger. Thinks your staying at the front tees on purpose to win tournaments and credits.  Only you know if that's true or not. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 6:44 PM

Don't worry about him Sven , You will run into those guys every once in a while , Just ignore him and have fun with the game ..

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 10:14 PM

Don't listen to this:

Sven0816:
    "You've only bought one club, a driver?"

[...] implied that I should buy more clubs.  He said that would move me further back in the tee box. 

No need to buy anything...

There's no correlation between club purchase and tee position. The regular tees change with tier, and you move back as a Pro, Master, Legend. These changes are influenced mostly by ranked strokeplay scores, and on mobile also by level, because the mobile 3 hole and head-to-head games do not count, being practice.

You also aren't a sandbagger AFAIS. Sticking to mostly Starter equipment doesn't give you any advantage. If you had the best gear available at a low tier, THIS might be sandbagging.

So, keep on playing and having fun - this is the game's purpose!

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 11:43 AM

Well said alosso.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2017 12:36 AM
    Just call him Al
  • signal3
    12 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2017 8:40 AM
    Sounds like you must have been winning. Some people take this game to seriously. Have fun.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2017 3:09 PM
    Sven0816:
    "You're hitting from the ladies' tee...a big advantage when playing against those from the same level."
    No such thing as Ladies Tees in this game. You have beginners tees, Pro Tees, Masters Tees and Championship Tees. The Ladies in this game have the same clubs as guys and can play pretty darn good
RSS