Forums

Help › Forums

lost ball

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:00 PM (28 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 9:42 AM

Most of the hazards at Kiawah are marked as lateral hazards and you are right the game makes them play as a lost ball, which is a significant disadvantage.  The only time this seems to come into play for me, on the game not at the Ocean Course, is on #2 if I hit my tee shot in the bunker.

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:06 PM

Dave Frice 1007 se 112th Portland or, 97216  ..thanks

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:24 PM

Doublemochaman,  I read my post a couple times, and i cant find the part where i said i was 3 under par and quickly ended the game to save my 25 cent (not 15cent)  golf ball...can anyone help me here?  maybe somebody else can see in my  post where i said i was 3 under and ended my game to save my golf ball?  By the way money bags, i posted my address so you can send me that 20 bucks, thanks.....in the meantime im going to read my post again and see where i overlooked the part where i ended the game when i was 3 under par....thanks again...love this site, its awesome

ps:  Just thought i would tell you, the fact i ended the game , or would end the game to save a golf ball, would not be out of  being "cheap" as you assumed.  perhaps i didnt have any other good balls in reserve and didnt want to use the crappy wgt issued golf balls for the rest of my round, especially if i have 14 holes to go. ..but again, thanks for the 20 bucks ill make sure to post here when i get it, so you dont worry that it got lost in the mail or something....

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:13 PM

Hey Kiss... I made that offer way back in September.  You are a bit slow on the ol' response.  Guessing you've lost a lot more balls in the interim.  But I'm true to my word so I'm sending you the money... cash, so that's gotta be a real address.  If not, give me a post office box or business address.

The only caveat, please spend the $20 only on WGT golf balls.  Or a few good Portland micro-brews.

BTW, the -3 reference was rhetorical for purposes of discussion.

Enjoy your new balls!

DoubleMochaMan

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:34 PM

Hey Double...

I was -3 and i had to quit 'cuz my car was getting towed...

If I sent you my address, will you send me a Ferrari?  Or better yet, the new E550 MBenz?

Thanks ever so much and I promise not to take as long as kissfan to respond!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:38 PM

Snaikers... works for me.  I'll send you the Ferrari, but I'm keeping the Benz for myself.  Hmmm, now where did I put that envelope and the stamps...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 9:21 PM

Cool.. the 2010 F450 please... just don't put the stamps on the .... (/shudder) ... paint.

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 11:49 PM

I have to say, I thought doublemochaman was another *** talker on here, but true to his word,  i got a crisp 20 in the mail, which i will as agreed putting them toward a mega stockpile of balls  so i dont have to worry about the jumpy swing meter putting my balls in the drink. , Mocha man, if you want to message me your email, i have something for you to show my gratitude, if you dont want me to know your email, just make a new one up long enough for me to send you this, i think its pretty cool.. let me know

by the way, i noticed the post mark from where you are from, i just moved from there a few yrs ago, after living there for 20 yrs, played the county am a couple times, belonged to the mens club at legion memorial...love kayak.....thanks again

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 7:40 AM

Whew!  Good to know my $20 bill isn't floating around out there, looking for a home.  I'm a little north of my postmark... Bellingham.  But I've played Kayak many times.  A good friend of mine used to coach the Stanwood High golf team and that was their home course.

Don't forget, you can also apply that $20 to some of those tasty microbrews they make in Portland.

Only problem with all this is... now Snaike is probably thinking he really will be getting a new Ferrari in the mail!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 10:55 AM

KissFan... are you making good use of those new balls?  Which ones did you buy?  Or did you go the microbrew route?  Happy Thanksgiving!

RSS