Forums

Help › Forums

Gift Of Golf Foundation

Sun, Oct 1 2023 7:32 PM (1,387 replies)
  • BOBBENCH052
    3,732 Posts
    Sun, Sep 16 2018 8:37 PM

NEVER KNEW THAT THIS EXISTED,  WAS SURPRISED BY THIS, I SURE DO APPRECIATE THE GOLF BALLS.  AS SOME OF YOU KNOW MY WIFE JUST PASSED AWAY AND MY FUNDS HAVE BEEN DEPLETED QUIT A BIT.  SO THIS IS VERY HELPFUL.  GOD BLESS AND THANKS AGAIN

BOB 

• Ladychipper
    22,712 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 8:03 AM

So sorry to here about your wife's passing Bob.  My prayers are with you and your family and you have my sincere condolences. 

Blessings,

Marion

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 2:59 AM

My new wood is working great casey .

I made this video .

Unfortunately you have sent me a left handed club .

Golf GIF - Golf GIFs

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 3:08 AM

Seriously - I was so impressed with the generosity of you guys I have sold my unwanted clubs and I have 2500 credits to help you out for next month .

I would rather give equipment than balls as it lasts longer .

• Ladychipper
    22,712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 8:42 AM

Craig,

Enjoy that new L103 R1 driver.  I am going to get me one of those some day.  Does it make a big difference though?

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 11:48 AM

Ladychipper:

Craig,

Enjoy that new L103 R1 driver.  I am going to get me one of those some day.  Does it make a big difference though?

Marion it does make a big difference. The High trajectory of the L 103  versus the medium/high of the level 98 does make a big difference on some holes. I was never able to aim over the trees on # 10 at Marion to try to drive the green without hitting the trees with the level 98 R1. But with the high trajectory of the Level 103 R1 I can drive it at will. There are a few other holes that I am able to cut the corner hitting over trees where the level 98 R1 would catch the trees,

Add to that the fact that the meter speed is 4.5 which makes it much easier to ding.

Joe

• Ladychipper
    22,712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 11:53 AM

borntobesting:

Marion it does make a big difference. The High trajectory of the L 103  versus the medium/high of the level 98 does make a big difference on some holes. I was never able to aim over the trees on # 10 at Marion to try to drive the green without hitting the trees with the level 98 R1. But with the high trajectory of the Level 103 R1 I can drive it at will. There are a few other holes that I am able to cut the corner hitting over trees where the level 98 R1 would catch the trees,

Add to that the fact that the meter speed is 4.5 which makes it much easier to ding.

Joe

Wow, that sounds sweet Joe.  Thanks for the info.!  :-)

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 12:19 PM

agree with joe .

you just need a sponsor now .

• Ladychipper
    22,712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 12:30 PM

craigswan:

agree with joe .

you just need a sponsor now .

Nah, I was already gifted a few months ago.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 4:24 PM

borntobesting:
    The High trajectory of the L 103  versus the medium/high of the level 98 does make a big difference on some holes.

I came here to nominate someone I just met and came across this in getting current on the thread. I heartily disagree with you, Joe, I have the 8 degree R1-have had since day one it came out-and it has advantages that overcome an occasional hole like Merion #10. I've played with all the other drivers and have yet to see one that makes a huge difference.

Full top spin on an 8 degree driver has distinct advantages on the links courses and full back spin gets it high enough to get over CCC#4 trees, or the like. It carries #10 with the right wind  if you're so inclined but that's not really smart golf on that hole. JMO.

On the nomination, I came across a guy tonight in a random AS matchup that obviously likes the game-he's a level 96 Legend here 2 years-but he was at a severe disadvantage because of his clubs. He had a decent game but you could tell he was handcuffed by the irons.

The front 9 at BPB was where we were and all you have to do is think of #2 and #5 and know that a Medium flight iron is going to make it hard to play those holes. A level 96 player with level 59 Pings would see a brand new game and that 76 average would drop like a rock. 

I would like to nominate tvmoses for a set of high lofted clubs just because I know how much it will improve his game. I hinted at it during the match but didn't pursue it. I really think this would be a well placed gift and make a big difference.  :-)

RSS