Forums

Help › Forums

Gift Of Golf Foundation

Sun, Oct 1 2023 7:32 PM (1,387 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 8:41 PM

I would like to nominate DonElTel, a Master from our club.  He's been playing regularly since joining WGT in March and could use a wedge or two to replace his starters.  

Also - Happy 3rd Anniversary!

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 9:23 PM
    I have a Tour Pro I'd like to nominate: Soggy0070.

He joined wgt in May and found my club in June. Since then, he has played both ALT and club tournaments on pretty much a daily basis. He seems to have messed up his wedges a bit (with a 105-yard wedge only 5 yards less than his PW --- plus the starter sand wedge!).

If he clears the committee, I think he'd benefit most from getting his level 47 irons upgraded to the Level 59 irons, with their "high" trajectory and their 115 yard PW. . . . . that would make his level 52 Grind wedge useful. And I could work locally on his other wedges.

Thanks for your consideration.
  • Leggoman13
    8,265 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 9:48 PM

ct690911:

CEverett12

...there is a thread dedicated to the "hall of fame"...criterion for selection remains a mystery. I therefore believe that strong consideration should be given to the extraordinary individual highlighted above.

ct

+1

Also, maybe WGTChampion could help us out on that one.

:o)

• phipster
    4,441 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 1:46 AM

I would like to nominate PAULEJB from my club..

He has just made Legend with a level 27 set of Ping Irons and is rather obviously finding it tricky to hit the greens in regulation...

• JDGHOST
    6,779 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 2:44 AM

I would love to nominate.... bdean326...He is one of the nicest  guys I know...He is a TM who is trying like heck at this game....He shows up to play at least 1 game every night (about 9pm) Even tho he gets up everyday at 4am to work a 12 hour shift at a Pittsburgh Hospital ...He is obviously a front line worker that tells me has seen some difficult times over the last 5 months...A few of us got together and have helped him FINALLY get some good clubs ...I was hoping someone would donate him some balls...(He likes the Bridgestone level 52's)

Thanks for all you do Casey(Hall of Fame in my book) and all involved in the GOGF

JD

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 7:14 AM

I have received a nomination in a PM 

Myla4 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 7:28 AM

Nominations for Sept.  Nominations for this month is now closed 

Hernanospina

Doneltel

Soggy0070

Paulejb

Bdean326

Myla4 

All nominees will be considered by the panel of 5 .  The panel will vote and the results will be posted no later than the 14th .

Good luck nominees . 

The Bushwackers CC and myself will be donating credits , If you would like to donate or sponsor you can contact me .

Thank you everyone . 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 9:42 AM

All...Please see the HOF thread. I have formally nominated Casey to be considered for this prestigious honor. I would ask that others voice their support for this nomination. WGT Champion seems to be running it, so we are in good hands.

ct

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 10:54 AM

pdb - hall of fame .

ct - gift of golf .

You two are suggesting same thing about casey on different threads .

Get together guys .

I support casey getting the honour for sure .

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 12:36 PM

ct690911:

All...Please see the HOF thread. I have formally nominated Casey to be considered for this prestigious honor. I would ask that others voice their support for this nomination. WGT Champion seems to be running it, so we are in good hands.

ct

Thank you very much Colin , I really don't want to cause any drama in that thread , I assume the HOF is for Tour Champs that win a lot of tournaments and credits , Unfortunately that leaves me out . I cant compete with the big boys when it comes to posting scores .  I'm just a regular guy that loves this game , I occupy my time with The CC , The GOGF and playing with friends . I do appreciate the support from you guys , That means a lot to me !

I am very fortunate and honored to be in the conversation for the HOF . However That might be a little over my pay grade . The 19th hole accolade was my crowning moment .  The gold putter was gifted to me because you guys made it possible . I am blessed to be respected by my peers here at WGT , That's all I need . 

Thanks again !  

RSS