Forums

Help › Forums

From TM to Legend

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 21 2011 10:06 PM (4 replies)
  • Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 7:42 PM

I just made TM and I have a question for the Legends out there, since I suppose I must aspire to the next step.  Perhaps I am the exception because I have not charted every club in my bag by wind, lie and meter speed, I don't have diagrams for different meter swings, nor have I plotted every green slope for each pin.  And I certainly don't use any performance enhancing drugs or software tricks (lol).  Never-the-less, I have reached TM level by virtue of my wits and play repetition (and investing in better equipment of course).  So, my question is - do I have to chart my clubs, diagram the greens, make graphs, etc, etc to have any chance of making Legendary status?  Are there Legends out there who play more of a "feel" game?  From a lot of the talk out there it seems like many are trying to make this more of a science.  Sure, there is a lot of number crunching that goes on in my mind, but nothing is written down.  I make some mistakes but isn't that the beauty of the game?  We are not looking for perfection are we?  Just the best score we can manage on a given day.  It's why this is great fun, maddening and rewarding all at the same time.  So, can I get below a 60 average and become "Legendary"  the lazy man's way?  Cheers.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 8:08 PM

Cleworthy:
    So, my question is - do I have to chart my clubs, diagram the greens, make graphs, etc, etc to have any chance of making Legendary status?

Of course not, but taking notes doesn't hurt. I, for one, have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast, so notes are essential for me. If what you are doing works for you, then by all means, stick with it. The courses will let you know when it's time to upgrade your equipment.

Cleworthy:
    I certainly don't use any performance enhancing drugs

As far as that goes, you may want to ask Strange Magic. They seem to be working just fine for him. Look at how he's dressed! If that doesn't get you ready to play STA, nothing will. LOL. Just having some fun there SM, you look fine, or funny.

Have a nice day.

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 8:22 PM

Or I could just play St. A until my fingers bleed...  But that wouldn't be right.  So, what is Strange Magic on to?  Does he have oxygen hooked up?  Caffeine drip?

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 8:28 PM

Cleworthy:
    So, what is Strange Magic on to?

As far as I can tell, it's just life and his grandchildren.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 10:06 PM

Cleworthy:
     Perhaps I am the exception because I have not charted every club in my bag by wind, lie and meter speed, I don't have diagrams for different meter swings, nor have I plotted every green slope for each pin.  And I certainly don't use any performance enhancing drugs or software tricks (lol).
    Nice to hear.

Cleworthy:
     I make some mistakes but isn't that the beauty of the game?
    Yes.

Cleworthy:
     So, can I get below a 60 average and become "Legendary"  the lazy man's way
    Yes , although I prefer to call it playing by ear. ( feel )

Ace

RSS