Help › Forums

4 round single play monthly tournament please:

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:26 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 6:28 AM

How about weekly 4 round single play tournaments that are on the actual course that the PGA Tour is playing that week while we're at it? :]

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 7:26 AM

That's a great idea, Sabbath, that I expect to see implemented here by about year 2027. (Judging by the current speed of introduction of new stroke-play courses.)

One can always dream, though, what it might have been like. The perfect reflection of the PGA tour in the virtual environment!  

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 7:42 AM

I think maybe someday someone will do that. It would take a lot of money and probably sponsorship by the PGA. Maybe the PGA isn't interested, but the USGA is which is why the US Open was featured.

Could take away from viewers?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 9:42 AM

I think it should add to viewers. I know I enjoyed watching the TV coverage from US Open a lot more this time around thanks to having played the back 9 at Bethpage many times in this game previously.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 9:30 PM

A 4 round weekly would be awsome. but dont think a pga tour side by side wit wgt will ever happen. but i could be wrong.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:26 AM

Flyinturtle:

A 4 round weekly would be awsome. but dont think a pga tour side by side wit wgt will ever happen. but i could be wrong.

Back in my Links days, it was always fun to play along every week at whatever course the PGA was playing that week.  There were/are hundreds of courses available for the game...HBthree

• PAGES
RSS