Forums

Help › Forums

cheat programs

Wed, Nov 24 2021 11:47 PM (518 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 1:26 PM

balmerino:

get  real bro....most of the top players have got there by the hard yards and practice they put in, sure there may be some cheats out there, but guarrantee you those top guys are not

You'll never convince the skeptics.  :-)

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 2:33 PM

true :)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 4:00 PM

OK unless something radical else comes up I will try and leave this alone after this:)

In summary my thought's are as follows (knowing the mods read this):

The inconvenient truth is that cheating exists in this game, and to dismiss the possibility that some so called top players are doing it (still) is folly.  Here though we left only with the latest ? as to whether or not Twitch offers some good degree of confidence that a given player is playing fair / being made to mostly at least IMO.

it's also fair to remember that some real top players are submitting rounds thinking I wonder what the rabble will accuse me of this time for shooting low:)

Going by this thread alone, and a v few PMs my thought's are that twitch does indeed offer some good degree of security that a given player is doing it fair.  

I am not so in to the game that I have all the potential facts out there that can be gleaned player side.  I was on the side that the meter speed varies only from feel, and happy just to have a quick run through before most shots to get that "feel".  So far no one has come up with anything firmer hard evidence wise, but I am not dismissing the possibility that WGT can only vary swing speed in a poor way - e.g. not truly variable at all just changes per given club / ball / hole in a v predictable way.  EDIT: For clarity all my bolding falls over if the auto ding is possible / even reduced or meter speed not real visible in twitch, but the auto dinger (well stopper where want) would be the most undetectable I think, and more sinister IMO.  OBS for Twitch clearly allows customization and etc etc...

Until I see hard convincing evidence that someone is auto dinging their way round with a premium ball / club combo my assertion remains that twitch is a likely, overall, indicator of fair play.

Swing speed is a constant battle at any level.  I would thus like WGT to think on this, and if they really can, within certain secret parameters obviously, make a ball / club combo truly variable  in swing speed then promote such in the game.  I would see as a positive as even top RL players are not robots, and they have to deal with this.  Basically nothing wrong with that representation in a sim, and would offer comfort to genuine players.  Also goes without saying if the speed is not truly randomly variable then WGT are missing a huge trick (assuming auto dinging is possible).

Please note this is not a sleight on some one who does not twitch in any way, just my personal thought's on what twitch does or does not achieve.  

I don't pretend that this is a large enough snap for any fantastic empirically gleaned indicator either, but it's the way I lean after it all so far. I try to remain objective, and so neither do I assume someone must be cheating just because they are consistently better than me (even leaving all the hours etc more etc v valid arguments alone....).   

EDIT: No offense to anyone who thinks different, just my observations trying to be objective from what I have actually seen in the terms described.

I would also say that WGTs veil of secrecy does not always show much imagination either.  There was one person in this thread not HP about a ball varying in speed, and who can blame him when it's only the pro specs to go on, and then secrecy.  I think this variable speed, which I think exists anyway or should, were promoted properly and really did combat cheating that's a good thing...etc..

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 4:15 PM

balmerino:

get  real bro....most of the top players have got there by the hard yards and practice they put in, sure there may be some cheats out there, but guarrantee you those top guys are not

lmao.......

• WoofDawg
    20 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 5:05 PM

you cant practice ....no driving rangs no putting green........and ...believe it there are cheat programs,,,,,and they are being used

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 5:22 PM

WoofDawg:
    you cant practice ....no driving rangs no putting green........and ...believe it there are cheat programs,,,,,and they are being used

Oh gosh (:

See forums>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• TopShelf2010
    10,883 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 5:52 PM

RSS