Forums

Help › Forums

Putting line for Ace on Royal St George.

Sun, May 22 2011 2:03 PM (8 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 5:53 AM

Here's a tip to find the right line to get Ace most of the time on hole 4 at Royal St George.

But its with a ghost putter, so don't know what other accuracy wil be like with different putters.

Get the aim arc to 30 feet. Then go across to the edge of the blue grid, you'll see lines how the green is cut, and try and stay in the line which is shaded, like shown bellow.

With my ghost putter i have 100 foot increment that go up in 12 feet stages. I go up untill i reach the 72 increment, then once i'm at 72, i lessen the power a tiny bit so its more like 68/69.

Usually, i'll press a tiny bit early than the ding line, but it doesn't make much difference as i've had a ace with ding, and also when i press a bit too early.

This usually gets an ace, or very close, depending on power/hitting ding or what ever.  The line is very close so experiment a bit, or go a touch more left if you end up left of hole.  I've had 3 aces now, and i've only played it a few times.

• mb386
    61 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 7:13 AM

Thank you. I was wondering how to play that hole.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 3:37 PM

Thanks. First time pulled it on release but still got closer than ever. 

Second time ... pushed it a bit and ... ACE!

Thanks!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 3:48 PM

Great tip Chris! I usually get to within about 5-9 feet but i will take what you said and apply it. Thanks dude!

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 7:14 AM

Glad it's a bit of help guys, i've just had another ace a minute ago to add to my collection.

• flogomatic
    65 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 2:34 AM

great tip thanks, first shot i got 0.51!

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 3:47 PM

Thanks Chris, it works well. I tried only once up to now and did my best shot.

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 8:04 AM

great tip, just put 1 .87 feet away

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 2:03 PM

i ace'd it on my third try, tried to post it on the forums "post your best" last week but don't know how.  if you want to see it go to my profile. its the only thing i have saved.  keep it on top of the short grass.

chrisironsbones:

Here's a tip to find the right line to get Ace most of the time on hole 4 at Royal St George.

But its with a ghost putter, so don't know what other accuracy wil be like with different putters.

Get the aim arc to 30 feet. Then go across to the edge of the blue grid, you'll see lines how the green is cut, and try and stay in the line which is shaded, like shown bellow.

With my ghost putter i have 100 foot increment that go up in 12 feet stages. I go up untill i reach the 72 increment, then once i'm at 72, i lessen the power a tiny bit so its more like 68/69.

Usually, i'll press a tiny bit early than the ding line, but it doesn't make much difference as i've had a ace with ding, and also when i press a bit too early.

This usually gets an ace, or very close, depending on power/hitting ding or what ever.  The line is very close so experiment a bit, or go a touch more left if you end up left of hole.  I've had 3 aces now, and i've only played it a few times.

RSS