Forums

Help › Forums

RED DIRT GOLF

Thu, Sep 28 2017 9:55 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 7:07 AM

Hardly a couple of years old, and firing as well as we could ever have hoped.  

Help be a part of something still a stage you can in the forming of.

We grow in our own way:

Whilst we generally recruit from at least Master and up this is only because we check things out a bit.  Anyone that is in gets to be part of a zero stuffiness place.  Once in you are a person same as everyone - Thus all tiers considered (we are not mugs though so M/As can go elsewhere).

We have a proven training method that will help anyone achieve a very good standard.  RG standard in fact, and if you want to fly even more after that we have all the discussion you need from very competent players that share their time freely for interested people.

A small club, but a competent club:

Whilst anyone is free to do whatever they choose we treat competition with respect.  As such other places will cater to quantity over quality (e.g. elsewhere if you want the clash - play it with blessing but the interest is zero from most).

Anyone who wants to blame woes on gameplay can also look elsewhere.  The game is fundamentally a very good platform that will let interested players play very well.  It's up to you to take on the challenge, and should you do that our easy to understand methodology works.

We have a dedicated coach who can get people started on the right path.  Also not bad for a brush up.  

Dedicated Tourney Roster Director who listens - Fantastic selection always (very lucky to have this guy).  Happy to let people set their own stuff up too (within reason but always easy going to work it out).

x5 members are in the VUSO Finals - Not bad by any country mile stretch.  Consider a couple of others not far off you get the idea.  One joined us almost at our start and our easy to understand methods got him going really well really well.  

Nothing original about the methods, just basic easy to follow solid stuff.  Much of it is very based on what a guy called Lizard taught me when I needed help as a new Legend - Super bloke but I am not purporting to be echoing the great man's words exactly.  I can say what we do works.

What we are bad at:

Several members wish we had more available for Alt Shot at any given time.  To some extent our success at quality means some are put off by that.  Please don't be as whilst our Alt Shot freaks tend to be of a high standard they are more than happy to just play and have fun / encourage.  I need to do more Alt Shot (time...).

Alt Shot is a key area we are keen to do better with.  Good base but we are way behind were we want to be. Be a part of helping in that if you wish.

In summary:

If you are a keen player who wants to progress we can help - We own our methodology as we know it works (not original but certainly cherry picked).

If you just want to have fun not all out tourneys are hard.  We have plenty of red tee chits and giggles stuff. Remember it helps with wedge play if used correctly.

We have plenty of mixed tee stuff - why not?

Some fully mature stuff too (of course).

Something for most:

Website in process of some updates (usual stuff as game progresses but basically remains good to go)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 8:18 AM

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 8:26 AM

Very good post Jim.  Well written and easy to read.

Good image Paul. 

Garypinhunter.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 8:31 AM

Thanks Paul - You do it best.

I guess we tried to mix Aussie with an Americana twist (thinking back to me and WB thinking pre inception if we ever did it and I was the one saying WTF to the idea LOL).  I also wanted some Best of British and some open world aspect...........Small zero Ps and Qs government with everyone genuinely treated the same, as an equal, was the ideal - Think we done OK:)

Somehow I got Dan in who was not looking to join any CC and then Mark and then we were four LOL..........Mmillings (Matt) came along as A.N.Other (at the time) offering to do a website and I thought jeez how many here today and gone next...He is now a guy  guy that is a huge part of the success that joined as TP (ish from memory) and now thrilled, as his team mates are, that he qualified with a 56 in the VUSO.

You are a huge part of Grande Oaks, and so praise indeed from you as part of such a prestigious outfit as that.

EDIT: I wrote to Paul as Garypinhunter himself was writing.  Again thanks so much from a heavyweight of esteemed advice in this place.  A great resource and person to know as well as to take direction from and be a part of anything that you are associated with.  

• mmillings
    600 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2017 8:54 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Mmillings (Matt) came along as A.N.Other (at the time) offering to do a website and I thought jeez how many here today and gone next...He is now a guy  guy that is a huge part of the success that joined as TP (ish from memory) and now thrilled, as his team mates are, that he qualified with a 56 in the VUSO.

Thanks a ton Jim for the props. I actually came in as a TM but totally lost in this game. I'm a true product of this club's training and tips offered by some of the best and most honest players in this game.

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Tue, Jul 4 2017 7:45 AM

I'm proud to be a long time member of RDG

We have one of the best owners you will ever meet & a good number of highly skilled players, all willing to help. It's what Red Dirt is all about, providing the tools & knowledge to bring your game to the next level. 

Don't hesitate to contact our owner Jim, if you are considering joining a smaller but enthusiastic CC.

Happy 4th everyone

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 7:14 PM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 6:05 AM

Bump:)

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2017 8:14 AM

Red Dirt Golf