Forums

Help › Forums

CC Event #50

Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:34 PM (97 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:13 PM

pdb1:

When the CLASH first started . I posted a thread asking some of the *TTAWGT  if they would run the numbers on the weekly and the CLASH . They refused and said it would be a waste of time . That those top CC's never spend a dime . They only use the free passes . if they had to spend money they wouldn't play . 

I argued with them until it had changed topics several times and as usual turned into a discredit Paul thread . 

LMAO!!!

Here he goes again. Man! You live in a world of grandeur. Seriously. In the past 8 years I never read any post where someone thinks soooooo highly of - "THEMSELVES"! 

P.O.W. Being a shut-in does not give you a pass this time.

Come to me grasshopper! Confucius say - you are now named - pow1. Go and teach, guide,direct, carve new paths where no man has gone before. There is a man you will meet. His name is Spok. He will lead you pow1. He will teach, direct, and guide you to a BULLDOZER so you can carve the new paths for alllll your omosessuale to follow.

Now GO Grasshopper. RUUUUUUUUUUN! Cevrettecoop is waiting for you.

• callaghan159
    6,242 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:42 PM

pdb1:
    Does the Georgian have the right to dominate this event into ruin ? Can they promise that that won't happen before every member has had the "GOLDEN PUTTER " ? 

Every member of The Georgian won't get a GP because new members come and put up big numbers and get the GP. Some leave afterwards , some don't. The senior members that have been there are the getting left out. I was a member of that club until recently and seen it happen a number of times.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 7:38 AM

Image result for laughing gif

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 9:09 AM

dancingdennis:

Step down seriously, how about clubs stepping up. If you believe Bubbsboy & they are easy tee champions, it's only 48 hrs of golf go for it. I believe my former teamates would love the challenge, relish it in fact, in much the same way as all these negative posts just fuels their engines even more. It's much more fun winning a close clash, then running away  with it. But writing posts after each clash is cheap, costing nothing- ending their incredible winning streak will take more then writing some posts, your going to have to play & pretty much your whole club because they will show up

Next you will be saying skill counts? You liked it great, but a competitive achievement it is not.

I think it's been summed up way more eloquently than I ever could:)

pmm711:

What's truly laughable is that even when "The Well-Known Clubhouse" is light years ahead of the pack they continue to pour RL $$ into that current clash.  And for what...a virtual Golden Putter that's no better than my Sabertooth?  If the members of The Georgian actually added up the amount of RL $ they've spent on these clash events then maybe that would be enough of an awakening...but I'm even doubting that would smack them in the face.

It's a sickness I tell ya...a true sickness...

Gearing up for that is not on my agenda.  Playing racing round in it for forty-eight seconds would be a chore.  If some think it's great then all good like I say....

dancingdennis:
    tep down seriously, how about clubs stepping up.

EDIT: If anyone wants to do any stepping up there are plenty of actual competitions clash people can turn to.  The other way around is stepping down to non-competitive auctions that some think is an achievement.  Most see it as beyond ridiculous to consider going for it.   No one can really blame WGT for letting people spend (opposite true), but something else as well that is actually a competition that never happened is the real point.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 11:21 AM

dancingdennis:

Step down seriously, how about clubs stepping up. If you believe Bubbsboy & they are easy tee champions, it's only 48 hrs of golf go for it. I believe my former teamates would love the challenge, relish it in fact, in much the same way as all these negative posts just fuels their engines even more. It's much more fun winning a close clash, then running away  with it. But writing posts after each clash is cheap, costing nothing- ending their incredible winning streak will take more then writing some posts, your going to have to play & pretty much your whole club because they will show up

Sorry, but when club size is ignored, there is nothing fair about these events.  The Georgian is about 4 times the size of my club.  So even if we all played, we have no chance of beating them.  And I have better things to buy than CC passes with my credits.  These events have become a cash cow for WGT, that's why they now take place every 2 weeks.

If people enjoy playing, and yes I play a round or two sometimes, that's fine. But it's been called an auction and that's the correct name.  Whatever club is willing to use the most CC passes will win. 

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 2:43 PM

Yes club size is a factor for sure, tier would be the ideal, but there are lots of 250 clubs & a lot of them participate. But the negative comments regarding one club winning doesn't appear to come to an end until some club (250 club) wants to end it. That doesn't mean you have to spend that every 2 weeks, unless you want to start your own winning streak. But really asking a club to step down is pathetic 

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 8:53 AM

Since the clash started there really hasn't been any change in the format for this WGT Event, they have changed some rewards but not the clash itself other then frequency. Now they have turf wars, another WGT country club Event. You still have to use a Country Club pass in order to register your points for your club If you win your match, the coins are dispersed if you win or tie but points for your club in that 24 hr war will not be recorded if you don't use a cc pass. This time WGT has a more skilled base club challenge. If you lose your match you lose your coins ( for most here these coins are useless  with the exception that these are used for chips in this event, you don't have any you can't play) the rewards for this event are not really thrilling either ,  worse then the clash. But there a clubs that are represented in these 7 pages of posts  that are in the TOP 20 clubs in the Turf War leaderboard EVEN though they have to spend REAL cash for cc passes for Turf wars with lousy rewards .But Turf wars is much closer as there are not a lot of separation in the top 20 clubs. My point is if it is A WGT club event, put on by them, it's going to cost passes to play in them & if your club wants to win or compete for the top in either is going to cost passes, and probably every club event in the future will cost passes to enter. Complaining about WGT club events being cash cows in the forum is not working, WGT is just making more of them.

RSS