Forums

Help › Forums

SHORT PUTTS

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 10 2009 11:37 AM (2 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,478 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 12:58 PM

One negative that I feel makes WGT unlike real golf is the short putts, I'm talking inside of 3 feet.  I am used to putting on a real course and having a 2 foot putt, you tend to just bang it in and not worry about it.  Rarely if ever do I have to line up a putt from two feet, I just hit it firmly enough to go 2 feet by the hole and that takes the break out of it.  On WGT I have 18 inch putts that I have to carefully stroke, taking the ball out of the hole and if I hit it hard risk it racing 6 feet by or lipping out.

I am not in favor of gimmes but the short putting takes a lot of time in multi player mode and you should be able to look, stroke it and it goes in, not spend 25 seconds lining up a 18 inch putt and worrying about hitting it too hard or it lipping out.

William

• MJBboyrox
    31 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 6:49 PM

on short putts dont move the arrow. if it breaks right stop the timed swing thingy a little early and vice versa

• TarheelsRule
    5,478 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 11:37 AM

I have done this and it does work a little better, it's just frustrating to have to take the time and precision with a 2 foot putt, you don't do it in regular golf and you should be able to slam home a short putt without having to adjust everything. 

RSS