Forums

Help › Forums

Newbie!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 11 2009 5:55 PM (1 replies)
  • mako72
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:14 PM

Been playing for a couple of days now! Think I saw/heard it on PGA TV or XM. Honestly can't remember. Having fun, glad it will play on my netbook! Used to most Golf games and play in real world(not good but break a 98). Is there a trick or rythum to this game? I only ask cause it seems kinda inconsistant. One minute, ie, a 150 yd shot goes 130, next 170(correcting for wind and slope). I thought about upgrading clubs... but they seem to offer nil in the way of benefit. Well, Thats the intro and the Exit! I will keep trying and hope to figure it out! Thanks in Advance!!!

Jay

• cjfelton
    79 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 5:55 PM

Welcome aboard!  You will find even after you have played a few more rounds that distances will be pretty predictable for you.  There are some greens that even though there appears to be no elevation change whatsoever, an approach will require an extra club or half.  Very few holes require you to lay off - #3 and #8 on BPP come to mind.  Learning where and when to use to backspin (and the GD-I balls are worth the investment here) will also help you get more consistently close.  The investment in a longer driver and 3W is definitely worth the investment.  The shorter the distances after your drive, the more accurately you can gauge the distance on your meter, and the closer you'll get to the pins.   Then you just have to learn how to putt!

RSS