Forums

Help › Forums

We Want Oakmont Back -- Petition

Thu, Aug 31 2017 4:14 PM (221 replies)
  • thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:14 PM

loved the course and its lush green fairways and greens...sadly its gone to us,as also did cabo and whistle to us non paying fee addicts ( RG's were my fav)....hence a watered down diluted game that has always promised the world but has little or no imagination behind the steering wheel,,,the message we have ..and have been recieving for a long time is a like it or lump it!! well FU right back WGT ....seriously one pissed off customer, a one sentence bombshell in the latest announcements came across as "lets hope they didnt notice" well it looks like and feels like a slap in the face while we're getting spit roasted by the top dogs at top golf....transparency would have been at least/ best honest and open with us..shame you took a different approach

TWS

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 12:49 AM

I know we get Erin Hills very soon,  but I still liked Oakmont and would like to see her back

SR

• Bowl64
    3,088 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 1:03 AM

Oakmont back and "free" Cabo & Whistler!

Bjorn

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 1:50 AM

A LOT less time designing furry dice tee markers, red tee zooms, half witted coming soons that get out before someone with a half a brain says no to, a top line inter CC clash that any one who can actually play thinks is too daffy, cartoon speed windmill greens and a bit more time serving up a great core product...................OR are TG just running this flash game into the ground as fast and as cheaply as possible?

The WGT / TG takeover announcements were smoke up yer a$$ and never even matched that closely.

No disrespect to anyone, but not signing any petitions personally.  WGT know they need courses and TG are caring elsewhere.  Investment here is certainly not on their agenda, IMO. 

• BKHolden
    1,231 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 2:06 AM

Agreed, Oakmont is a quality test & will be missed greatly, Chamber Pots sister Erin will be no compensation either!...: (

• RyjaTybas
    5,145 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 2:35 AM

I'll "sign" the petition.

Losing Oakmont is a total scandal. 

WGT's worst move ever.

NM

• greenron
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 3:16 AM

after all the money we all have spent on balls and clubs  we should be getting more........not less.

RG

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 3:35 AM

Jimbog1964:
    A LOT less time designing furry dice tee markers, red tee zooms, half witted coming soons that get out before someone with a half a brain says no to, a top line inter CC clash that any one who can actually play thinks is too daffy, cartoon speed windmill greens and a bit more time serving up a great core product...................OR are TG just running this flash game into the ground as fast and as cheaply as possible?

Totally agree. Forget the teemarkers and other crap and drum up courses, even make courses. Oakmont will be sorely missed

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 4:04 AM

Unfortunately we are not and have not been privy to the internal workings of WGT or TopGolf. The information flow is very limited and somewhat opaque, For all we know WGT might have been trying to renew the contract until the very last minute, The refusal may have come from Oakmont's side.

From a business sense, since all of the photography and programming was complete and operational, there would have been no additional cost to renew. The royalties paid to Oakmont would be the sticking point as well the possibility that Oakmont no longer desired to have their course on WGT regardless of the "free" money that they would receive for no work.

The fact that we had no warning of the possible loss of this course makes me wonder if the difficulty was on the Oakmont side.When Nike went out of the golf business we were told far in advance. WGT could have made an agreement with Nike to sell the clubs that were already designed and in play for long after they were no longer available in real life.They did not. Why not?

There are two side to these contracts and we don't get to see how they are written or what goes into the fulfillment. We are only aware of how they affect us and since we are not a party to the contract we don't know the decisions that went into making or ending these contracts.

I will miss Oakmont like I miss my favorite restaurant that closed its doors. There is nothing I can do about either event so I will go on playing a different course and eating at a different restaurant.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 4:05 AM

DonCaron:
    A LOT less time designing furry dice tee markers, red tee zooms

This ^^^^^^ is so F'ing true. TopGolf and its STUPID A******* CC Clash f'ing tee markers. Like I mentioned in a related Topic, it wont be long until we see "Bugs Bunny tee markers". TopGolf IS and HAS ruined WGT. WGT was by far, at one time, THE most graphic, detailed, as close as you could get to "real golf on-line game" EVER created and TG completely destroyed it in LESS THAN YEAR. A game that took years to create and then develope and TG destroys it in less than a year.

WGT just didn't lose a course . They lost the MOTHER of ALLLLL courses. OAKMONT COUNTRY CLUB! R U  KIDDING ME. Your (WGT's) contract / agreement "runs out" and you TG just let the (Oakmont) walk away.

TG - You are WHACKED!

RSS