Help › Forums

Author name not same as player name.

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 5 2011 12:35 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nowhammies
    288 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 12:50 PM

A member in our country club posted a topic.  Under the author name it isn't the same as his member name.  It is very similar and I am wondering if this person is a multi accounter.  I checked under WGT Community under player names, typed in the author name but nothing came up.  Anyone???

• williamricker
    3,222 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 2:54 PM

I have noticed this with several people when they post!!

But I think Nothing Of it just figured it was more of the Voo Doo that goes on around here

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 3:08 PM

If the posters name is over a certain number of characters, it appends it and changes it to accommodate a lower number of characters, if I remember correctly.

• nowhammies
    288 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 4:07 PM

Yes I understand that the Author name may only allow a certain number of characters.  10 characters seems to be the number.  Ok my member name is NoWhammies which is exactly 10 characters.  Say for instance it was 11 characters , NooWhammies for instance.  Ok then for the Author it would read NooWhammie correct.  It wouldn't read something like NoWham77ie ?  WGT someone help me out on this one.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 4:07 PM

nowhammies:

A member in our country club posted a topic.  Under the author name it isn't the same as his member name.  It is very similar and I am wondering if this person is a multi accounter.  I checked under WGT Community under player names, typed in the author name but nothing came up.  Anyone???

I'm wondering if you may be referrin'  to me Sherlock, noticed it happens when I post an article, don't know why though.

Peace.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 4:29 PM

nowhammies:
    NoWham77ie

It has a tendency to do that. If you visit that members profile page, it includes that in the url. e.g. http://wgt.com/members/NoWham77ie/default.aspx

• williamricker
    3,222 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 5:47 AM

WigerToods2010:

I'm wondering if you may be referrin'  to me Sherlock, noticed it happens when I post an article, don't know why though.

Peace.

I have seen it with several people

• nowhammies
    288 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 6:11 AM

Guilty conscience there Wiger?  No I actually wasn't referring to you.  If you respond to a post it seems to use your full member name. It is only if you are the AUTHOR of  a TOPIC , not if you respond  to a Topic.  I visited the profile of the member that I noticed a difference in names and sure enough the url has a different name for his profile page than his actual member name. Problem solved.  

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 7:20 AM

nowhammies:

Guilty conscience there Wiger?  

Why would I have?

You asked for any info, I offered some, as I had noticed the same thing happens to me sometimes.

Now if I'd been perturbed by something concerning another member of my own CC I'd ask them directly rather than on a public forum.

Tis the internet, chillax man.

• nowhammies
    288 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 9:04 AM

First of all I was just joking about the guilty conscience, you are obviously new to our CC and do not know that I tend to joke quite a bit. Did you notice that I didn't take offense to your "Sherlock" comment.  I asked in a public forum and didn't name anyone specific.  And as far as asking someone directly,  let's say that person was a multi accounter.  Do you actually think that if I asked him or her if they had multiple accounts on WGT that I would get the truth?  LOL .  It is something I noticed and wanted to make sure we didn't have multi accounters in our CC and aside from sending personal messages to 100 different players I decided to ask the question in WGT forums.  And you offered me no information thank you very little.  You mentioned that it happens to you, that doesn't explain how or why it happens.  SO u chillax on that!

• PAGES
RSS