Forums

Help › Forums

Tier Levels

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 5 2009 3:53 PM (23 replies)
  • onebadmutha
    4 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 2:59 PM

What exactly are the scores for different tier levels now?  I've looked all over and can't find any specific numbers.  I know they change, but having some idea would be nice.

I ask because I'm about 67 right now, and wondering where I have to be to get to Master level.

Cheers!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:33 PM

Sir,

If no one else will say it, I will. Your best 18 hole score is 70. You have played around 35 rounds. You have been around about 2 months. Savor your current level of play. Sir, you are in no way in a sensible position to compete at the Master level. If you go there now, you will become miserable.

• vinceyboy
    25 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 4:14 PM

Great Advice!! Master is very difficult!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 4:27 PM

SweetiePie:
    If you go there now, you will become miserable.
    QFT...  Get good at Pro before you take your lumps with the big boys (and girls).

As far as the actual number needed, it is not being disclosed by WGT... to deter sandbaggers and other cheats.  Some have said that at 67, you would be very very close.

Peace

• BabyBulldog
    64 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 5:53 PM

I agree completely about rushing to become a master if best round is 70! What was shots that you could throw next to the pin with a wedge will jump back 30-40 yards so enjoy your skill at Pro!

• onebadmutha
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 7:15 AM

Wow, a lot of hostility here.  You're making the master level seem like some kind of super secret, decoder ring, ultra-exclusive club.  Ya'll realize this is a video game right :)

I asked a simple question, what average score qualifies you for master for the WGT.  If someone could answer that, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 7:29 AM

All anyone can tell you is it is somewhere in the 60's. WGT will not publish the cut offs for tiers.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 7:29 AM

Even WGT won't answer your question.  Everything is a big secret around here.

• onebadmutha
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 7:40 AM

tibbets and crusty,

Thanks!

Cheers.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 10:24 AM

Previously it was 66.1 but WGT has said they changed the threshold to make it harder to become a master so I am guessing low 65 ish

RSS