Forums

Help › Forums

How Credits Should Have Been Done

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 4 2009 11:00 AM (4 replies)
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 1:24 PM

Me and my dad have gone out to lunch and spent the majority of the time discussing how credits should have been done in this game. 

Firstly, a new player should start off with 500 credits, enough to but him a few nice clubs, or maybe even one extra nice club, but nothing amazing special. In other words, enough to get him something new, but not something great. 

As he advances to Ameteur, he should earn an additional 250 credits, to use on whatever he would like to have. 

Ranking to Pro should earn 750 credits and Master should earn 1,000 OR 1,500... not sure yet. 

The truth is, 50 credits is not near enough, and if people want to spend their money on a great game, they will. 

• Wrinkle
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 4:29 PM

In case you didn't realize, this game was free, and your were given starter clubs. The pay-for-credit system is no accident, as it produces capital for WGT.  Your idea of offering all competitors equal pay for completion of levels sounds great to us players, but makes no sense to game designers.  People who really want to improve will pay the nominal fee.  Your last sentence says it perfectly: "...if people want to spend their money for a great game, they will."

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 7:33 PM

The point,

You can play this game for free.

You can play all you want.

There are players at the highest level with starter clubs.

WGT gives you free credits (carrots) for advancing tiers.

If you want you can buy stuff ( clubs,balls )

Bottom line,

You do not need to spend a dime on this game if you do not want to.

That's my 2 cents.........but I'l charge you 5

• PaulPierce3469
    10 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 9:31 PM

i belieave that the game should give you a 125 credits to start and i belieave that the game should give you a 100 additional credits monthy for those who know there not gonna win any touriments or closest to the hole chalenges they have the option to buy the clubs if you want them right now with a credit cards you can get them if not you have to save for them get one thing at a time unless u wanna pay the cash

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2009 11:00 AM

i agree with soulcatcher and wrinkle.

RSS