Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Gear till March ..! Well Maybe !

Wed, May 17 2017 10:23 AM (64 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2017 11:12 AM

That's a level 100 driver that they already dropped to 95. 

• jayzach
    380 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 1:36 AM

TCorliss:
    I have all top gear wondering if ill be losing my nike clubs,and if so will they be the same no matter what they are called?

The Nike irons I have have already gone downhill in performance...WGT's way of making money for changing OUR equipment!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 9:29 AM

Funny, mine play exactly the same. Gotta love conspiracy theories.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 9:33 AM

DAZZA501:

If wgt were to just simply remove all the nike balls then the game and scores would become more realistic. The introduction of the nike balls was when the game started becoming less realistic. IMHO

While I agree totally that the scores are unrealistic I'm not sure we can pin it just on the Nike balls mate.

All the clubs have got too precise and forgiving over the years.  I'm sure you remember the R9 driver and the uncertainty it generated when teeing off.  Or the i15 irons.  Or even the G10, very forgiving but way off on length, precision or spin compared to what we have today.

I'm a total gear whore, my legs wallet opens every time something new comes along.  I do think they've lost the plot somewhat though, the gear we have now is making a mockery of the game.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 10:23 AM

MainzMan:

While I agree totally that the scores are unrealistic I'm not sure we can pin it just on the Nike balls mate.

All the clubs have got too precise and forgiving over the years.  I'm sure you remember the R9 driver and the uncertainty it generated when teeing off.  Or the i15 irons.  Or even the G10, very forgiving but way off on length, precision or spin compared to what we have today.

I'm a total gear whore, my legs wallet opens every time something new comes along.  I do think they've lost the plot somewhat though, the gear we have now is making a mockery of the game.

i couldn't agree more man, a few years ago, a score like 56 would be enough to win a big money ready go tounament, now it takes like a 52 - this can obviously be correlated directly to such high calibre equipment/balls that are available now. 1 love! K!.

RSS