Help › Forums

hello people

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 30 2009 6:53 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mistwolf
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 3:06 PM

i used to play the old wgt  all the time...a friend found this and invited me  ...i like it  ..but what i wanted to know is there a ladder  set up still? or will there be one for this game?

thanks, glad to be back

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 4:14 PM

Hello and welcome back.. there is a ladder, offsite though.. run by a couple of Englishmen (although we don't hold that against them!)...  have a visit at  www.wgt.agls.org.uk.

We'll be looking for you.  =)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:02 PM

The WGTLS Site Manual is recommended reading. The site offers lots of great features!   

• Mistwolf
    4 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 12:36 AM

thanks but i will pass reading the manual  cuz it's the one i used to be a member of before but thanks anyway...lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 3:56 AM

I'll be happy to meet you there, Mistwolf!  

Taking a glance at the manual might be worthwhile, because Mark keeps introducing new features that probably weren't there in the AboutGolf days. For example – and this is hot news from a few minutes ago – Mark has just set up a new chatroom, called Players Waiting for a Match. If someone's waiting in that room, all webpages on the site show a red banner at the top, alerting others of the presence of potential playing partners. See this thread.

The best thing about the site, of course, is that it allows you to avoid quitters, the biggest scourge of WGT's game right now, and something that almost completely invalidates the random-multiplayer portion of this site. See my stats.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 6:54 PM

Sr. Quixote:
    The best thing about the site, of course, is that it allows you to avoid ********, the biggest scourge of WGT's game right now, and something that almost completely invalidates the random-multiplayer portion of this site. See my stats.
    Ah, friend Faterson falls off the wagon in record time....  /sigh.  Even though he can't keep his end of the challenge, I will keep mine.

I guess we know who the better man is, don't we?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 1:14 AM

Snaike:
    Even though he can't keep his end of the challenge, I will keep mine.

I have always kept and will continue keeping "my end of the challenge". It's sad that you suggested the wording of the Boilerplate Oath yourself, but don't even remember what it said. You may refresh your memory here. If you have now discovered that the wording of the Oath, proposed by yourself, no longer entirely satisifies you, please feel free to update the wording of the Oath & I will happily accept it as my own Oath, too, if the updated wording is reasonable.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 1:39 AM

Another loophole to leap through?  No thank you, Sr.  

I will not argue semantics, loopholes, "Letter" vs. "Intent", etc...  The challenge was presented and you failed.  You will, undoubtedly, bring a loophool into this discussion.. yet when I simply appreciated the humor from another post with the slightest reference to the issue of 'quitting', you were first to bristle.

It is too late, Sr. Quixote...  Your strawman arguments will no longer work on this issue. 

You have failed. 

/sigh.... 

Another adversary exposed.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 2:02 AM

Snaike:
    The challenge was presented and you failed.

Never! The wording of the Challenge has been posted all along, and I have always adhered to what it says, unlike you. If you meant something else when you proposed the wording of the challenge, it's your fault for not having expressed yourself clearly enough. You may still rectify that now, if you wish; see my offer above. If you no longer care about the issue & wish to cancel the challenge, I'm OK with that, too.   

• JohnnyP023
    2 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 4:56 AM

Just a question. Why is it I can go almost a Month in the multiplayer mode and never have an opponent complete a full round? Are your averages That important to you that you forget any sense of Sportsmanship? You can't just DISCONNECT in real golf, or real life for that matter. Play the game the way it is intended, or go back to Pac Man!

• PAGES
RSS