Forums

Help › Forums

Demo Days and Shot shaping

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 29 2009 7:52 AM (4 replies)
  • phantasm151
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 6:20 PM

I have been considering buying new clubs but would like to try them first. I think that Demo days would be a good idea where players can select from clubs in the pro shop and try them for a day or two and then have the option to buy them or not.

The only other suggestion I had was shot shaping. I end up in alot of spots where I wish I could intentionally slice or hook and dont have this option.

Also I'd love to see side betting for credits added to the multiplayer games.

Thanks,

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:14 AM

love the idea.

people have been clamoring for a practice area for a while, and being able to try/rent clubs.  why not set up a little practice area to demo clubs before you buy?  just so you can get used to the swing-speed/forgiveness/etc.?  same thing with putters.  i'm all nervous because i'm getting close to have earned enough credits for my first upgrade, and i don't want to blow it on a club i can't hit!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:30 AM

There's no dilemma regarding putters, I think. Ping Redwood = hands-down best putter, get it. (Meter speed can be reduced with GI-D balls, if necessary.)

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 6:13 AM

(Meter speed can be reduced with GI-D balls, if necessary.)

Really? How? I did not know that.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 7:52 AM

leewebb:
    Faterson:
    (Meter speed can be reduced with GI-D balls, if necessary.)

Really? How? I did not know that.

Automatically. GI-D balls slow down the meter for all clubs. However, the price is at around $0.50 per 3 balls, and they only last a few 18-hole rounds, so if you play a lot, this might prove costly. I don't play that often, and so using GI-D balls all the time is practicable.

RSS