Help › Forums

*** CC Custom Course Information ***

Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:30 PM (185 replies)
  • TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 6:52 PM

pdb1:

TyMacni:

What is the reason/reasons for a limit of 10 Custom Courses per Club?

I think mostly for the reason above . This system could not handle the clusterfck of data from hundreds of thousands of new courses that would be sure to happen if there were not limits .

Another reason why they will not count . Even the ones in the normal par range . 

It is already hard enough to keep the glitches down with the current well made selection from the hosts themselves . 

To have to program say 10 more custom courses from a mere 20,000 CC's . 40,000 more ( conservative number ) courses in the program . Just sounds like a nightmare and a disaster waiting to happen .

Hello pdb1. 

Yes. When considering possible reasons for the 10 Course limit, Data Storage was my first thought. It quickly became so prominent, other reasons kind'a faded. If this is the reason, I can understand it.  My Reason for wanting to lift the limit -These are given to Clubs as Clash Rewards. But, when you reach the limit, to add another you must either "give-back"/delete a Course or let them accumulate getting no benefit from them. Reminds me of Rewards Credit Cards Black-Out conditions LOL.  I don't have to like the result. I would still like to lift the limit. But I would understand why, at this point in time, it can not be accommodated. (NEVER say never!) 

As WGT would be the source of the correct reason, I submitted my original Post containing question only to eliminate the need to address and explain away non-issues.

I still wish to receive the answer from WGT.

OR, Perhaps you could morf into your  Saurman persona and find the answer through your Palantir

Image result for lord of the rings palantir

• quadrock123
    859 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 5:11 PM

I could use some help getting an answer to this question... I know it costs 400 credits(or those won in special events), but does it cost 400 credits to play the course builders that are already in existance and available in a cc course selection box? Is it really true that every time we select a course already paid for, that the person creating a cc tourney using a cc course builder already in existance and in our inventory, he/she has to pay an additional 400 credits every time we select one?  That's outrageous to have to pay multiple times to play a paid for game in our inventoty. So until i know the truth about this i will keep my big mouth shut, but if i find out otherwise.............

• HalHoff
    825 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 3:12 PM

You can build 10 custom courses for free. The 4.00 charge is to implement a tourney using the course if you don't have any course builders on hand.  If you have a course builder on hand it costs you nothing to implement the course. Make them a 4 week tourney to get your value out of it. It s free for members to play if you set it up that way. Your owner may have restrictions on who can actually implement these so they don't get wasted.

• AlaskanDame
    18,996 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 9:55 AM

Hal's right.  wgt named the 400cr thingie very badly.  It's actually a "Tourney Builder."  Nothing is paid to BUILD a custom course, only to USE it in a tourney.  Also, you can use 4 different custom courses in the the same tourney (as for 4 rounds), but still only one "Course/Tourney Builder" is needed to set up the tourney.

• craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2018 8:45 AM

why has my create custom course option vanished .

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2018 8:52 AM

craigswan:

probably because your club has used up its allotted 10 courses...once 10 is reached then the owner needs to delete some for any new ones to be created

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2018 8:52 AM

craigswan:

Hmm, I was gonna suggest because your club already has 10 courses created but, so does ours and I can still click on create custom courses.  I get taken to a list of them and told we already have 10 courses and that I should fook off and stop being a greedy CU Next Tuesday.

Dunno what you've done Craig, maybe you used too many animated gifs and the servers have rebelled against you ;  )

RSS