Forums

Help › Forums

UPDATE ON US OPEN PRIZES

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:07 AM (48 replies)
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 10:05 AM

I resent the Email (the original) to USGA asking them about there prizes. This was the response. (Alex does this mean everyone needs to resubmit?)

Dear Mr. xxxxx:

Thank you for your email to the United States Golf Association. Your information has been uploaded into our database and you should receive your package within 4-6 weeks.

Thank you for your support of the USGA. If you need further assistance, please contact the Members Program at membership@usga.org .

Carol Flavelle

USGA Members Program

email signoff

United States Golf Association

P.O. Box 708, 77 Liberty Corner Road

Far Hills, NJ 07931

(908) 234-2300 x1450

FAX (908) 234-1883

www.usga.org

cflavelle@usga.org

The information in this email and any attachments may contain legally privileged, proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 2:23 PM

Ok, so I resent mine again and I got an automated reply.  I never got any reply the first time, so I'm hopeful again.

I am currently out of the office. If your email requires immediate assistance please forward it to Laura Szumera at email removed otherwise I will respond to your email upon my return.

Thank you.

Also, for what it's worth, make sure you are emailing your information to cflavelle@usga.org and NOT just replying to the sender of the congratulatory email (USGA Members Program).  I cannot confirm that simply replying to the sender will get you a response.

MAKE SURE YOU SEND TO cflavelle@usga.org !!!!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 2:35 PM

I had replied to cflavelle@usga the first time and got no response.  I just did again and that reply is just an automated out of office reply.  Not quite sure what the holdup is.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 3:28 PM

Must be on vacation for few days. At least we are getting acknowledged now which never happened before.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 3:32 PM

I replied to the first email received July 11th.  August 1st  I resent info with a automated reply out of office until August 10th. Hopefully i can trust what they sent Kaslo (that it will  be 4-6wks).  At least just send me that hat !   =)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 12:54 PM

Hi everyone, the congrats email went out on 7/10 asking everyone for their mailing addresses. Assuming you responded right away, the pacakges will take at least 4-6 weeks to reach you.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 1:40 PM

Hi Alex

I really am dismayed by your response. Of course I and everyone else replied promptly to the original email we received on July the 10th (Yes to the correct address cflavelle@usga.org) . Several weeks went by with out any form of acknowledgment or communication from either WGT or the USGA. Finally I on August the 26th RESENT the original email and finally received some kind of response stating it would take "another 4 to 6 weeks". Others who sent emails after me have received automated out of office replies. So far as I can see it I am the only one being registered.

Now Alex, someone at  WGT needs to step up and contact USGA and find out why it's taking so long. Does everyone need to resent their emails because it seems to me the original emails we sent are NOT being acted upon.  This really is not being handled in a professional way and I expected a much better response from you. It really is a slap in the face and we deserve better. You assumed it was US who did something wrong when clearly there is an issue and people are NOT getting their prizes. You forced me to go to the top.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 1:55 PM

Made even funnier by the fact that we're at the 6 and a half (tomorrow makes 7) week mark and  no one has received their prize.  Yes, we know the congrats email was sent out on the 10th of July....we responded to it then!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 1:58 PM

Exactly my thoughts!! :)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 3:00 PM

We understand your frustration that the packages have not yet arrived. It's probably not necessary to resend a reply to the USGA--we were told that the packages went out as they received mailing addresses from people. If you didn't receive a confirmation that they got your mailing address, it probably doesn't mean they didn't send a package.

We'll continue to monitor this and check in regularly with the USGA on the status. We hope the USPS pulls through...

Kaslo, do you have a Canadian mailing address?

RSS