Forums

Help › Forums

Meter problem SOLVED

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 9 2011 11:52 AM (9 replies)
  • Aust10
    141 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:29 AM

To the people who keep whining about the meter here is a solution that works for me. I use to use chrome but have switched to safari and since then my meter has been smooth as glass with no lag whatsoever except for the occasional freeze once a week. If this doesnt work try all other BROWSERS like mozilla, seamonkey, opera and so on till u get a smooth meter. EASY isnt it?? PROBLEM SOLVED so stop bloody complaining we all have had this problem.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 8:23 AM

ok

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 8:24 AM

Aust10:
    ......has been smooth as glass with no lag whatsoever.....

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Actually A10', I'm really happy for you. Please update me with your success in a week or so.

• Akenna
    11 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 8:39 AM

Ya know, I find that when I notice the meter being jumpy...which does happen, I just don't swing at that shot.   Oh, sure I get the occasional 'warnings' when my time expires, but usually if I pay attention, the second swing seems much smoother.  Hey, whatever works...right.  I attribute this to the computer servers being overly busy, so try another course if you can, or let the 'jitters' be your caddy's advice to not swing on that shot.  This is not a fool-proof solution, but it's golf...not science.  So have fun.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:25 AM

safari works good as does opera

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 10:27 AM

For me Safari and Opera seemed not to perform as well Chrome and Firefox. But for me Chrome Iron and Comodo Dragon seem to work best.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 10:36 AM

Comodo Dragon is the latest and best effort of the same folks who developed Chrome and Iron, of the 6 different browsers I have used, I definately  like it by FAR the best!

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 10:40 AM

There is also chromium which was designed for Ubuntu that's similar to chrome iron and is also nice to use,

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 10:56 AM

Aust10:

To the people who keep whining about the meter here is a solution that works for me. I use to use chrome but have switched to safari and since then my meter has been smooth as glass with no lag whatsoever except for the occasional freeze once a week. 

I use Safari but to suggest it isn't without it's flaws, is incorrect from my experience. I still get meter skips, freezes etc and I also experience loading difficulties and the white screen with the exclamation mark once or so a week.

I use it as the swing meter is longer in length than Firefox, Opera, Chrome etc. Being longer it runs slower which I find very helpful.....

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 11:52 AM

Not being of the superstitious type........... with the exception of IE, and having utilized most of the browsers mention. Appears it's just a matter of preference.

However, I have not experienced a 100% guarantee for consistant meter performance with any of them. Feels like I hit the lottery if I play more than two games utilizing the "pick a browser for the day" and having a consistant meter. 

RSS