Help › Forums

Virtual Bar

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 26 2009 9:23 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:02 AM

Could we have an option to have our avatars go in and get a cold one at the proshop?
    Charge 10 credits for a beer.

Then when you get out on the course, have the shot bar speed up and slow down randomly while you're swinging. Depending on how many you had. Also increase deviations.

Then we can have new awards for best score for a given amount of drinks. :]

Also, have the cart girl come around every few holes so we can refuel on the course.

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:28 AM

yeah...and maybe some drunk gallery members to wander out on to the fairway for occsional target practice!

• mcxgolf
    3 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 6:50 PM

They should also deduct a shot for every beer you drink in a round.

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:48 PM

jon daly would support his notion.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 10:21 AM

I'm not so sure about these drunken awards :)

But the threads title made me think that a virtual bar/clubhouse would be a nice addition.  Essentially it would be a chat room similar to the one  Nivlac set-up on IRC.  Any player could enter and begin chatting with other players to set up matches, get some tips, talk about latest news or rumors, etc.  Basically it would allow for the community an easier way to communicate in real time.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 11:58 AM

I've got enough awards.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 12:43 PM

We had an old saying back in the day.

"He who drinks the most, wins the most".

It really was for one of my friends who seemed to turn into Tiger Woods with each passing beer.   Sober, he was around all of our skill level.    But get a good 6-10 beers in him, and his golf game would get better and he became a much better golfer all around.

I shot a round with him a couple of weeks ago.   He only drank 2 beers, and I easily beat him.   I can pretty much guarantee if he had drank 6-10 beers, not only would he have beaten me, he probably would've gotten an ace as well.   :)

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 5:06 PM

HA!   that is great....i notice if i am sipping just a bit of wine while playing...the "yips" just seem to go away, but if i go beyond "par" with the buzz, my game suffers.  a great lesson in moderation.  your friend apparently has a higher threshold....but it is funny nonetheless!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:05 PM

Ha... Golf is like bowling in that respect...

The better I get, the drunker I play.... errr..  *hic

But, to be honest, I have found a couple of 'adult beverages' to be just the thing when it's hot, or I feeling pressured, or am just having a really really bad round.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:08 PM

Oh yea, definately during bowling for me. Tends to be like a shortened bell curve. Better, Better, Awesome, Terrible again. :]

• PAGES
RSS