Forums

Help › Forums

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET***

Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:52 PM (254 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 3:09 PM

Hi Paul (PT),

Just finished my game with Essisdaddy (Phil).

First we've 'met' and I have to say Phil couldn't have been more helpful when arranging a tee off time to suit us both.

I started off with back-to-back-birds to go 2 up and then Phil fired back over the next three holes to make the match AS. Remained the same until Phil was very unfortunate to find a bunker on the 17th with his approach - a shot that was perfect looking in the air, finished pin high, and yet suddenly veered right as the camera view changed.

Going into the last 1 up, with the water to the left, I'm thinking "play safe and make Phil have to birdie it". Hit approach to about 10 feet to the right of pin and safe as houses. Had barely finished typing "Smack it close, Phil!" when he did, to within a yard! Managed to sink my putt for the birdie and victory.

Between us I think every hole was birdied bar one?  Smashing game and great company.

Hopefully get another game in with Phil in the near future.

Fun time had by us both in memory of one of the good guys.

Anyhoos, here's the card:

Thanks for continuing to host a smashing event.

Cheers!

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 3:30 PM

I can't really say anything that would add to that, but I would  like to wish my more-than-worthy vanquisher - and fabulous putter - all the best in the rest of the tournament, and say thank you, Paul (and your minions - that said in jest) for this, and I'm honoured to have been one of the lucky 64.

And yeah - 8 holes won or halved in birdies is a great game in my books. Well played, J.

~Phil

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 3:30 PM

pdb1:

I don't seem to be enabled to record scores . Where would you like them ?

opened the door on that one    lol

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 4:36 PM
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 4:51 PM

Essisdaddy:
    and fabulous putter

So my question is....who was playing under Johnny's account?????

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 4:56 PM

Played my game vs. VEM9000, great guy, ends up he lives only about 40 miles from me. Small world. Pretty lopsided matchup in this particular instance, but it was all about fun and honor. I won 4 up. Thanks VEM, it was a pleasure and an honor to play with you in this event.

TP

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 5:00 PM

twinponds169:
    Thanks VEM, it was a pleasure

Not often you see those words in one sentence LOL.

But summed it up, this whole event has about fun and honouring the great Andyson.

RSS