Help › Forums

How to make the ball do not roll?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 2 2011 10:23 AM (9 replies)
  • hugomparaujo
    5 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 7:38 AM

Hi,

Can someone let me know how to hit the ball into the green and make the ball stop straight away once hit the green? 

Thanks

• MrMisters
    4 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 12:44 PM

Put backspin on the ball, you will also need upgraded equipment & balls

Hope this helps

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 1:10 PM

Use satin wedges and Callaway balls.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 1:20 PM

You can't .not the the clubs and balls that you are using. The best you can hope for with those is to get less roll.

• hugomparaujo
    5 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 2:22 PM

Thanks for the answers. This because I saw in a game someone hit the ball, and the ball hit the floor near the flag and it stays there, while my shots allways roll a lot.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 3:39 PM

hugomparaujo:

Thanks for the answers. This because I saw in a game someone hit the ball, and the ball hit the floor near the flag and it stays there, while my shots allways roll a lot.

Switching from the beginner irons to the starters irons, which are also in your bag, is a start. Those beginners impart virtually no spin on the ball and hence the ball tends to roll for a good 30ft.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:33 PM

If you don't plan on upgrading to irons and balls that have spin abilities,you could do worse than playing your shots a little short,so that they hit the fairway and roll onto the greens,hopefully to within an equable putting distance.

Or do as I do,and use the bunkers.They stop the ball lovely.

Lizzie xx

• MadMP
    75 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:36 PM

It's not always about being able to stop the ball. Look at if you're hitting to a raised green or a green that's lower than your feet. If it's lower hit a little less club.If it's higher,a little more. Of course take the wind into consideration.Better equipment will definitely help. As you move along you'll be doing a lot of that. Good luck mate!

• MadMP
    75 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:38 PM

Good advice. There are a few holes that I just go into a bunker because it's the only way I know that I'll get close to a hole for my third shot

• hugomparaujo
    5 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2011 10:23 AM

Thanks all for the reply!

RSS