Forums

Help › Forums

Which is better value... "forgiveness" or " slow swing meter"?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 1 2011 3:39 PM (5 replies)
  • Push540
    12 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 12:36 AM

I vote for Slow swing meter but I am only a week old here. What do the vets say?

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 2:48 AM

Definitely slow meter for me, still don't really understand forgiveness - if I don't ding it, it can go way off line... even with a small miss!

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:39 AM

Push540:

I vote for Slow swing meter but I am only a week old here. What do the vets say?

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for....  First let me say that there is generally an inverse relationship between Precision and Forgiveness in all the clubs in the proshop.... Meaning the more precise the club the larger the penalty when you miss the ding and vice versa.  And also, for the most part, swing speed is also factored into it as well, usually the more precise the club, the faster the meter is going to go.

So if you want to be competetive, (and there are exceptions to this) you need to use irons with attributes like the i15s or G10s and you need to be able to ding, or close to it, every time.

If you are out to have a good time, and a good round with your friends and are happy with a GIR and 2-putt round, then clubs like the Raptures or K15s are the way to go.

Having said that, there are a few (not many) players that swear by the higher forgivness clubs and play very well with them, but you have to know them inside-out and be a stellar putter and recovery expert.

So as I see it, swing speed is really more of a by-product of the amount of precision and lack of forgiveness of a club, and if you can adapt easily to the higher speeds, then go with it.

Then of course there is cost...... but that's a topic entirely on its own.

Have fun!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:49 AM

I say do not fear the meter speed. Pick an avenue that ALee laid out but don't do it because you "can't handle" the faster meters. Yes, the first few rounds will kill you but the more you play the easier it gets and the reward is that accuracy. It's nice when the ball goes where you hit it. :-)

• Push540
    12 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 1:26 PM

Thanks guys, very helpful.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 3:39 PM

Push540:

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for....  First let me say that there is generally an inverse relationship between Precision and Forgiveness in all the clubs in the proshop.... Meaning the more precise the club the larger the penalty when you miss the ding and vice versa.  And also, for the most part, swing speed is also factored into it as well, usually the more precise the club, the faster the meter is going to go.

So if you want to be competetive, (and there are exceptions to this) you need to use irons with attributes like the i15s or G10s and you need to be able to ding, or close to it, every time.

If you are out to have a good time, and a good round with your friends and are happy with a GIR and 2-putt round, then clubs like the Raptures or K15s are the way to go.

Having said that, there are a few (not many) players that swear by the higher forgivness clubs and play very well with them, but you have to know them inside-out and be a stellar putter and recovery expert.

So as I see it, swing speed is really more of a by-product of the amount of precision and lack of forgiveness of a club, and if you can adapt easily to the higher speeds, then go with it.

Then of course there is cost...... but that's a topic entirely on its own.

Have fun!

Are you talking about coolswing?

RSS