Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 1:21 AM

Very Well done Wolverines

great winners of a great competition :)

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 2:49 AM

well done wolves

il do a write up towards end of week

be nice to get the last game played please

finny

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 3:03 AM

Congrats to Wooden Tee, it was a well deserved win by a great team.

And many thanks to Paul Finn and his helpers, tremendous job running this event.

It's truly been a pleasure to compete in this event. I met a lot of fine players and great people along the way.

I am of course extremely proud of our teams performance and look forward to giving it another go next year!

Frank

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 5:59 AM

well done to both of the finalists,congrats to Wooden Tee for winning a very tough competition.

Paul and team,great job you did guys,looking forward to next year.

Mike

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 7:36 AM

Superb Final East Coast V Wolverines...    Great win Wooden Tee..!

A fantastic Contest all the way Finny and the Elves, Thank you so much..!

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 9:33 AM

the last match is being played tonight so will do the presentation tomorrow night before my cc match

finny

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 9:48 AM

So it finally comes to a fantastic end. 

Thank you so much East Coast, the standard of play in the final was just crazy. You have a CC full of the finest players on here and they are all even finer Gentlemen.

The generosity of all the sponsors needs a special mention as some of them weren't even participating.

We are extremely proud of the players in our CC, the time and effort they put into mastering this game is off the scale and quite frankly mind boggling to someone like me.

But they have shown, along with all the other great players on here what can be achieved if you put the work in.

And finally a big thank you to Paul and his team, I think the organisation has been more or less faultless, it's only the 2nd year so there was always going to be a few minor hiccups. I'm certain next year it will be even bigger and better. And more importantly, you have shown WGT how to run a proper tournament for its members.

Once again thanks to everyone and hopefully see you all next year. 

All the best

Wooden Tees. 

• Nicozandberg
    719 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 2:32 PM

Well done to the Woverines. A hard fought and deserved victory. World Champions 2017!!

Big shout out to PaulFinn, who did a marvelous job organising an enormous tournament. A true asset to SEL and the WGT community.

• xxblueeyesxx
    433 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 3:02 PM

Congratulations to the Wolverines it was an honor to play you and watch you

thanks to Paul Finn and everyone else who helped with this tourney

it was a privilege to be a part of it

thank you many times over

Troy aka xxblueeyesxx

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 4:00 PM

Final match completed and a 3&2 win for Doitfaster, Charlie played some solid stuff rolling in birdie after birdie and a well deserved win

Thanks to East Coast for a fantastic final which was always in the balance, thanks again to all the teams we've played and all the great players we have met along the way

Thanks to Finny and co for organising this, it has been a pleasure to compete if not a bit stressful at times

now i need a drink

Cheers

Mark

RSS