Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2016 5:15 AM

The  world cup of golf 2017

Hello all

here are the links for the following

the tables

the squads 

the matches,dates and courses

you can only view these with a google account as ive said before its easy to sign up and free,

have a look and feel free to ask any questions,

captains

will want your team for the first match in the next 2 weeks ready to fill in the matches,the line up will be the order you send them to me.

captains

world cup squads

world cup  group tables

spot prizes

group 1 matches

group 2 matches

group 3 matches

group 4 matches

knockout stages

paul

• jacko1972
    927 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2016 5:30 AM

Great stuff Paul and really looking forward to this competition again, always looking out for your tournaments

John

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2016 1:02 PM

The  world cup of golf 2018

Hello all

WELL THIS IS THE FINAL OF THE CUP/PLATE

We started with 35 teams that’s 420 players and we are down to the last 9 players from each team,

THE CUP

We have say goodbye to Outkasts A and Venus I hope you enjoyed the experience and some matches were really close but the Bandits and Wooden Tee were just too strong, what a final this is, the  elite battling against each other head to head in match play can’t wait,

THE PLATE

What a valiant effort from the Spartans to reach the semi-final but the Aussies were better on the day but not a lot between them as the results show, thanks  topper and the Spartans for carrying the SEL flag through to the semis,

The Georgian have had also had their chances but they have lost out to a strong side, the Bees march on to the final joining their sister team the Tees in the cup.

Sadly I’m away as this is final is starting but hope to catch up on any live games on my return,

Right onto the golf

The Cup and the Plate

The  Final

St Andrews

18 holes Match play

This is my favorite course on wgt because I have played it for real and can appreciate the course layout and the reality of it even down to the famous road hole bunker on 17,a truly great matchplay course and always windy, I see some matches going down to the wire on this course even sudden death,1 bad shot or 1 missed putt could be the difference.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win or loss even in sudden death,

If it goes to sudden death no handicaps will apply,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by the panel and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied, I can’t see there being any problems with this

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any player with a - 2 must  concede  holes 5  and 14

I would suggest a 90sec shot time with 7 timeouts but players can go for less if both agree if one doesn’t then 90secs no arguments,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Players please post results so we can update the results page,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first,

Closest  to the pin for the  Final  and sponsors

Final

30th august to 13th september

St Andrews links

Stevereilly

1 Sleeve

Hole 8

Stevereilly

1 Sleeve

Hole11

The Golden Shot

Carlosdev

10 sleeves

Hole 12

There is a separate thread for all ctth challengers, do not post on this forum or we may miss it,

Make sure you have a photo shot or the back up of your opponent will do,

Stu(spino1) or i will contact the sponsors after the round has finished,

We all know how important it is to get matches played and please play all matches even if you have lost the match, it’s all about making new friends

For the last time this year have fun and enjoy it all

finny

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2016 5:30 PM

PAULFINN52:
    suggestions which I will look at in this one.

Let the captains determine the matchups. This is a huge key for CN returning to defend.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2016 5:30 PM

• SpokaneClub
    508 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2016 5:19 PM

Paul , please let Go For the Gusto know if there is room for them to play  in this in the coming year.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 8:46 AM

The  world cup of golf 2018

Hello all

WELL THIS IS THE FINAL OF THE CUP/PLATE

We started with 35 teams that’s 420 players and we are down to the last 9 players from each team,

THE CUP

We have say goodbye to Outkasts A and Venus I hope you enjoyed the experience and some matches were really close but the Bandits and Wooden Tee were just too strong, what a final this is, the  elite battling against each other head to head in match play can’t wait,

THE PLATE

What a valiant effort from the Spartans to reach the semi-final but the Aussies were better on the day but not a lot between them as the results show, thanks  topper and the Spartans for carrying the SEL flag through to the semis,

The Georgian have had also had their chances but they have lost out to a strong side, the Bees march on to the final joining their sister team the Tees in the cup.

Sadly I’m away as this is final is starting but hope to catch up on any live games on my return,

Right onto the golf

The Cup and the Plate

The  Final

St Andrews

18 holes Match play

This is my favorite course on wgt because I have played it for real and can appreciate the course layout and the reality of it even down to the famous road hole bunker on 17,a truly great matchplay course and always windy, I see some matches going down to the wire on this course even sudden death,1 bad shot or 1 missed putt could be the difference.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win or loss even in sudden death,

If it goes to sudden death no handicaps will apply,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by the panel and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied, I can’t see there being any problems with this

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any player with a - 2 must  concede  holes 5  and 14

I would suggest a 90sec shot time with 7 timeouts but players can go for less if both agree if one doesn’t then 90secs no arguments,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Players please post results so we can update the results page,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first,

Closest  to the pin for the  Final  and sponsors

Final

30th august to 13th september

St Andrews links

Stevereilly

1 Sleeve

Hole 8

Stevereilly

1 Sleeve

Hole11

The Golden Shot

Carlosdev

10 sleeves

Hole 12

There is a separate thread for all ctth challengers, do not post on this forum or we may miss it,

Make sure you have a photo shot or the back up of your opponent will do,

Stu(spino1) or i will contact the sponsors after the round has finished,

We all know how important it is to get matches played and please play all matches even if you have lost the match, it’s all about making new friends

For the last time this year have fun and enjoy it all

finny

just bumping this back up,

2017 world cup will be recruiting teams from any clubs interested in taking part,

please remember though it is an open tier competition so its gonna be full of 

the best of the best  and it will be running for at 3 to 6 months from end feb early mar,

i already have a few clubs interested but the more the merrier lol

up to 12 in each squad 

8 playing each league match

9 playing in the knockout stages.

nice big cup to put in your trophy cabinet and the title

world cup champions 2017

happy new year to you all

paul(finny)

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 4:20 PM

Hi Pauk, what have we to do exactly? Recruiting players between the member of our CC and set up a team, or there should be an official team from any CC, or we can just put together 12 players from differents clubs, choosen between our friends?

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 11:30 PM

hey roberto

thx for replying.

the idea is to find the best club side in all the clubs on wgt,

the idea of playing with your mates sounds good but it just wouldnt work in this comp.

i want clubs to come together ,have a bit of banter on their forums and fight for the right to represent their club in the world cup.

i have messaged bob from your club and he said he was going to post it on your forum

have a word with him mate im sure you can find a team or teams,you have a lot of firepower in there lol.

thx again

paul

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 3:44 AM

Tks Paul, happy new year!

RSS