Forums

Help › Forums

Lock in player

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 17 2009 4:51 PM (3 replies)
  • Stagehand
    63 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 11:54 PM

This is going to take some fancy dancing on your puters.

For Multi player, if they complete 2 holes, they are locked into the whole 9 r 18.  If they dump, it's just a bogie for each hole they miss.

It just gets so frusting that players dump.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 1:58 AM

quiting happens.  sometimes its cuz they hit a bad shot and get frustrated... sometimes its cuz they don't want to ruin their average... sometimes its cuz their boss walks in... sometimes its cuz they have to attend to something in real life.  whatever the case... it is frustrating for some... doesn't bother me most of the time.

• xcaliburone
    38 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:31 PM

as people state over and over again in numerous threads that lead to the "quitter" issue, people quit, first hole, last hole...whatever. most generally in 80% of the 4somes i start in, there maybe ends up only 2 remaining. if one has a good round and everybody quits, there is nothing stopping one from finishing that round to post their score. i will admit that i have had rounds that were not very good at all, i'll play through the last hole and not putt out. call me one of those "sandbaggers" if you will, but i've written in threads before, as have others, that if leaving the round was not an option, then WGT would not have it as a menu choice. i have withdrawn from single play tourneys because i was +4 or +5 (having a bad round) and just quit because i was frustrated at myself and did not want to finish because i would not have placed high enough to reap any reward.

on a side note could people please consider not complaining about quitters anymore?

everyone plays on WGT for whatever entertainment value they get out of this site. its their choice to quit or not and people shouldn't dictate what someone else does unless it was their site that they are running and then they could set the rules.

my 2 cents...let the thrashing begin

• hollj00
    8 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 4:51 PM

i understand quitting, however if my round is going to crap due to the meter or what ever reason, i will play till the last putt on 9, then politely exit the game, don't hit a bad frist drive then just quit that erks me, play the game get used to the hard shots like the trees on bp #1 i've taken a 8 on that hole 6 shots to get out of there now i'm usually out in 1 or 2 shots. 

RSS