Help › Forums

I'm No Cal Ripkin but...

Tue, Mar 15 2011 7:38 PM (33 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 11:07 AM

lvietri:
    So much for baseball trivia

Ah...BB trivia. for 5 pts Lou. Name two Hall of famers born in Baltimore, (who spent less than a year in the minors)?

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 11:46 AM

Cal's consecutive game streak is one of a few records that is most probably unbreakable. Along with Cy Young's career wins and innings pitched. Johnny Vander Meer's 2 consecutive no hitters. Walter Johnson and his 110 career shutouts. In fact, many of the all time pitching records will never be broken due to the 5 man rotations that are used now and how careful organisations are with there top pitchers.

I can only think of Babe Ruth being a hall of famer born in Baltimore

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 12:01 PM

Another record that probably won't be broken is the home run record for brothers.

Who are the brothers?

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 12:05 PM

Tommie Aaron being completely carried by Hammer Hank(the real home run king)

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 12:08 PM

lvietri:
    Actually.... so as not to confuse the 2 ....  Cal Ripkin was the Father of the person shown in the photo above .... This happens to be Cal Ripken Jr.  
    I was going to mention that Lou, however being this is a consecutive game thread I figured the Jr. was the Cal in question. ;^)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 12:32 PM

ryan4spurs:
    can only think of Babe Ruth being a hall of famer born in Baltimore

That's one.....give you a hint for the other?.....Batteries!!!!

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 12:36 PM

Al Kaline had some pretty decent numbers. No-one has numbers like the Babe though.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 12:43 PM

oneputtdavid:
    That's one.....give you a hint for the other?.....Batteries!!!!

Hmmm, did not know the Energizer Bunny made it. Learn something new every day. LOL

• greenrod
    24 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 12:46 PM

Wilt's are better.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 1:33 PM

ryan4spurs:

Al Kaline had some pretty decent numbers. No-one has numbers like the Babe though.

In 1955, Kaline ended the season with a .340 batting average, becoming the youngest player ever to win the American League batting title

Pretty remarkable for an 18 yr old kid. Wouldn't you agree?

Hmmm, did not know the Energizer Bunny made it. Learn something new every day. LOL

Hey Jim, think your Yankees have a couple of "Energized Bunnies" who will no doubt be in the Hall. Won't be name calling though...againsn't the T & C's....LOL

RSS