Forums

Help › Forums

Practice

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:24 PM (9 replies)
  • luckykeys
    5 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:45 AM

Give the players the ability to practice a designated hole.  For example, I want the ability to practice the 1st hole at Bethpage over and over again.  Also, give the players the ability to practice putting on a designated hole.  For example, give the players the ability to place their ball on the 18th green at Bethpage over and over again and practice hitting it into the hole.

• sealseal
    67 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 12:55 PM

Ya that would be good practice and would help us all improve.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 9:50 PM

Yeah! That's another thing that (by now) antiquated online golf game, PrizeGolf, offered 10 years ago & WGT doesn't offer so far: go to any hole you select and practice it whenever you wish. PrizeGolf also offered mulligans! A practice round without mulligans isn't really a practice round, IMO, and that's why I never play them on this site.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:24 AM

do the pros on the tour get to replay holes over and over again during their practice rounds on mon tues and wed?  can they just putt on 1 hole for hours during practice rounds?

if we're going for realism then i'd say no to OP suggestions.

in the long run, i'd prefer a range, practice putting green and chipping area.  it would be sweet to have those for every course.  

BUT i'd take OP's idea now... cuz its probably easier to do quickly than design all that other stuff.

mulligans would be cool for practice rounds.  1 do-over for each stroke would be cool for a practice round.  wanna hit that approach to #15 again?  etc.

if the whole point of WGTour is realism then some of OP and Faters idea don't fit.

if the realism is just in the look and simulation of swinging etc... then maybe they do work.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 8:05 AM

Got to agree with The Kid on this one... although not as many mulligans as he suggests.

Lee 

• dezorama
    38 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 9:08 AM

agree with kid i was just coming to post a topic on this but no need i see there is already a desire. we need some control where we can place the ball on the pratice course as in putting it in the rough in a bunker and so on so we can practice and practice..........

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 12:16 PM

Me and the Canuck agree about agreeing with TSK about not agreeing with the OP .... and on and on and on...  =)

Best scenario, as has been suggested many many times before is simply a practice area with range and greens (putting and chipping).  Get a really good feel for your clubs and their shots before you step up to the first tee.

Peace

• RojoYoda
    39 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 2:13 AM

Would love to be able to practice a hole or a series of holes over and over again - to work out the perfect line for my drives not to either land in the sand trap or run through the fairway into the rough!

As for driving range, putting green - yes please! Would also love the ability to practice with a faster swing meter before heading off for a round as I think it will help hit more perfect shots, as you will have your eye in!

• CoreWalker
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 3:12 PM

I have three primary requests.

1. Give us a driving range so we can judge the effects of draw and fade on a given club, as well as distance.

2. Practice on a given hole would be nice too, maybe in practice mode let us repeat a shot attempt.

3. Give a realistic 'driving off the deck' with a Driver. I know there is an active (but old) thread on this but many have done it, I have done it, and there is no reason this game should invalidate it.

• Car15m4
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:24 PM

Yep! Driving range gets my vote!  Gotta have it!  Total no-brainer there!

RSS