Forums

Help › Forums

Unlimited Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 15 2009 8:13 AM (3 replies)
  • Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 6:51 AM

Unlimited play is too fake. The leaderboards are unrealistic, too many people are tied with the same score.  The leaderboards are cool, but so unlike a PGA tournament leaderboard.  Personally, I like the leaderboards, but only when they pertain to single play. 

So, before each SINGLE PLAY tournament, could we please have SINGLE PLAY 18 hole qualifying events, with unpredictable weather? Meaning I could encounter high winds and fast greens, and someone else could encounter no wind and slow greens (just as we see in real PGA events!!)  Those who do not qualify for a single play tournament could then play in those unlimited tournaments, as a consolation event.   Those who do qualify could not play in unlimited tournaments, but would play in a four-day 72 hole event, or would have a week to complete 4 rounds and finish the SINGLE PLAY event.

And maybe winners---or top 3 winners----of say a 2009 August Event, would be exempt from playing in a qualifying event the next year for the same event. 

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:42 AM

The unlimited play tourneys are meant to be fun, not neccesarily up to real standards. Its a game. Hard to make a golf game realistic becasue everyones golf game is so different. Take Tiger for instance hes a "real golfer", but his golf game is "unreal".  Play the unlimited a few times and you'll go low eventually. The same names arent on top everyweek because they are lucky.

Practice makes perfect

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:46 AM

I would also like some unpredictable weather. Heavy rain, thunderstorms & lightning to strike when I get a bogey! No tornados though, I don't need to lose any more balls.

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 8:13 AM

i think futures is on to something here. good idea but needs a little tweaking.might need a little more brainstorming futures.

RSS