Forums

Help › Forums

The Open Championship 2016

Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:43 PM (105 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 8:51 AM

Must admit.....I left my eyes from The Open and went to the Tour de France instead!!! amazing drama watching Froome running up hill (yes, I said "running" not riding) for some meters until he received a reserve Sky bike and after trying a "reserve" bike form the Tour, well super dramatic action and Froome losing the yellow shirt and the lead....

Back to topic

Not best looking the "link" courses but Troon is narrow and if you miss fairway you in big trouble, you miss green and land in bunkers...you dead!!

Several tough bunker lies where the players have to play backwards to rough or fairway. 

Awesome The Open : )))

LOLserver

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 11:57 AM

New rule : to enter the Pick'em, you must enter the tournament.

Har-de-har HAR!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 12:18 PM

ArgyleScott:

New rule : to enter the Pick'em, you must enter the tournament.

Har-de-har HAR!

'Newer' rule: to enter the tournament, you must enter the Pick'em.

Ho-de-ho HO!

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 12:38 PM

After watching the "never been seen 62" ruined by the most cruel lip out you could possibly imagine, you can slap me with a wet haddock if you ever hear me whinging about putts not dropping. Brilliant round Mr Mickelson.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 12:44 PM

The Open 2016 day 1

American flags all over in day 1. Mickelson had a great day leading at - 8 with 3 shots ahead. Martin Kaymer is at - 5 and a dane at - 4, the only 2 Europeans close to the lead.

The greatest favorites in our competition are down to level & + 2 with McIlroy at - 2, Garcia, Rose & Stenson at - 3.

Windy & rainy tomorrow?...perhaps, the typical British weather will show up soon or later to make this less easy if not very difficult.

Well, longing to see The Open tomorrow...awesome : )))

LOLserver

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 2:41 PM

Not sure where you got that leaderboard from Eric, but does anyone know how long Justin Rose has been South African? :)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 3:02 PM

Stobsbee:

Not sure where you got that leaderboard from Eric, but does anyone know how long Justin Rose has been South African? :)

From the official PGA The Open Championship http://www.pga.com/news/golf-leaderboard/open-championship-leaderboard ...............!!!

lmao, I saw the flag but I knew it was wrong, never mind Bee, everybody knows he's British ; ))

It looks like it'll be a hell of a fun tournament to watch.

LOLserver

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 3:03 PM

LOLserver:
    Froome losing the yellow shirt and the lead..

In the end he didn't, which is a shame as I doubt Richie Porte would have had the same result overturned if he was alone in the crash.

At the Open,great round by Phil. Was surprised at how easy the course became in afternoon. Thought wind would be a bigger factor than early starters.

Dont think the course would firm out so probably wind and rain the only defence 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 3:17 PM

Baldace:

After watching the "never been seen 62" ruined by the most cruel lip out you could possibly imagine, you can slap me with a wet haddock if you ever hear me whinging about putts not dropping. Brilliant round Mr Mickelson.

It is always great to watch records beaten live!!!....real pity Phil missed that putt : ((. Well, amazing round anyways.

LOLserver

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 8:41 PM

Hi Eric, i will have Phil Mick, leading after 54 holes and to win it i will have Justin Rose.

RSS