Forums

Help › Forums

I have a 7 foot putt on 18 Oak high wind for a 27

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 14 2011 3:23 AM (30 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 2:45 PM

A friend comes online and stops my meter,WHEN are you going to sort this out WGT,, Its very monotonous ,(Tedious) Its been going on for God knows how long,I will never get another bite at 27 back nine oak high winds,Pull yer finger out the Pie and fix this issue once and for all ,Jakestanfill7 has to play with 0 friends because of this too its aJOKE,

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 2:30 AM

wow thats some shooting, to think i was estactic with my 30 ;-)

Jessica

• nine76chris
    92 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 8:22 AM

It makes the game more "realistic".  Haven't you ever been playing a round with some friends and one of them farts really loud right when you swing? :-P

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 8:37 AM

LOLOL

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 8:43 AM

nine76chris:

It makes the game more "realistic".  Haven't you ever been playing a round with some friends and one of them farts really loud right when you swing? :-P

Sorry... I couldn't hold it anymore!

• WiredBullets
    103 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 8:44 AM

I'm new here, but I'm guessing the reason they don't spend time trying to fix it is because people keep spending money on a daily basis even though they know the meter is the way it is, and fixing it might cause them to have to spend less money, so why fix something that makes you more money if it's not hurting your amount of userbase...

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:15 AM

PRIESTESS:

A friend comes online and stops my meter....

Hope his WGT name wasn't SIMOVOICE .... lol.

For this reason, I don't change too often my status while I'm playing....

I think now it's the only way not to "disturb" my friend's meter ...

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:20 AM

WGT has made it quite clear that they've made the effort to put products in place to the best of their abilities to make the game as enjoyable as possible.  They've also made it quite clear that it's not their servers or flash program, it's the user's PC. 

So, why fix what's not broke?  Revenue is still being generated despite playability issues for members.  I can tell you from personal experience, when I started playing on my laptop with the Latency Fix installed and using Chrome with nothing else open I only get 1-2 meter freezes/skips per round at the most. 

I do however get the occasional round where the meter is a mess.  There's no doubt in my mind that despite any efforts made on the members part that meter issues will still exist.  This is a real-time server-based game.   Given the popularity of the game at some point congestion becomes an issue whether WGT admits it or not.  Pretty much every server-based application out there has congestion issues.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:46 AM

nine76chris:

Yep, shanked it!  Had it not been for that I'd have probably won the tournament.  Once also, just when I was starting my downswing someone rang a bell behind me.  Again, shanked it - lost ball!

Sorry Tess, back to the point of the post, hopefully WGT will listen to one of the more high-profile players here.

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:48 AM

Its not a meter issue as such, its a conflict when a friend moves in the window at a certain time during the swing,And it is getting worse,When you are in a game the friend list activity needs to be frozen,

RSS