Help › Forums

Please remove cheaters. Not Spotlight them

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 14 2009 10:45 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 7:02 AM

Thanks you for your community spotlight an obvious sandbagger. Nobody golfs like that day 1. Please remove cheaters not highlight them. Alex you really need to give your head a shake here.

• sealseal
    67 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 7:34 AM

I have never seen a cheater before. How did they cheat?

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 9:07 AM

This particular player was caught (multiple account) cheating. He/she won $6.43 in a tourney as a pro. I brought this to the attention of WGT and they said that the money was deducted from this persons account but they did not have the ability to remove it from their career earnings. This made me lose a lot of faith in WGT for a couple of reasons. I don't think the $6.43 was redistributed among the players that did not cheat. The penalty to the person that cheated was simply that his/her other account was deleted. SO...... besides moral issues, I see no reason why people should not create as many accounts as they want to improve their chances at single play tourneys. Especially ones with big prizes. The fact that career earnings cannot be modified sounds fishy to me. I would think that you should be able to modify any text on any particular web page. Plus... I brought this person to the attention of WGT 10 days before this particular tourney ended. I think when an obvious cheater is handed to WGT on a silver platter.... he/she should immediately be taken care of. I know it is hard to please everybody, but this particular situation and how it was handled really makes me question the integrity of this game.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 9:46 AM

The players who appear in the community spotlight are currently randomly generated--we do not manually pick players to highlight there. We'll look into improving how this is done.

speedy, our oversight in the tournament you refer to was an honest mistake. We manually verify each tournament when it closes, and this is something we missed. Once a tournament is verified we cannot change or redistribute credits without help from our engineers, the same with altering career earnings (it's not as simple as typing in a new number). We made a call, and decided not to take up resources that are being used to tackle higher priority issues and features.

Thanks for your understanding...

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 10:07 AM

So  you admit this person is a cheater. Why do they still have an active account? This player has won money with this account also. Money I could have one. Why is this cheater still allowed to play? Completely unacceptable

There should be no understanding for Cheaters. Where is your integrity?

If he didn't have an account he would'nt have been Spotlighted. A no brainer?

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 10:14 AM

I understand your side of it Alex. I really do. I'm sure you can see how much this cheating deal upsets me. I understand that you have to prioritize your issues and give more attention to certain tasks. I also understand that the slightest *** in the "integrity" armor of a company may lead to considerable lost profit due to the customers lack of faith in the system.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 10:17 AM

The appropraite response was simple Alex. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THIS ACCOUNT HAS NOW BEEN DISABLED.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 10:25 AM

I am not here to bash WGT. I am impressed with most of the things that they do. I really enjoy the game. I would have definately handled this situation differently. The thing that really got me is this person entered a premium tourney as a PRO. It is bad enough to rape the free tourneys but this person went all out. That really upset me. Plus, this person is friends with at least 2 very active members of the forums. I don't know about you guys but I would not want my name on this persons friends list. [View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 10:26 AM

Kaslo.. breathe... relax...

The account is disabled... as of a few days ago.

Just because you can still see it in the WGTPlayers list, does not mean it's active.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 10:29 AM

LOL Well maybe Alex should have just Said that. :)

• PAGES
RSS