Forums

Help › Forums

System Update 8/12 11PM - 4AM PT

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 13 2009 4:35 AM (29 replies)
  • JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 12:44 PM

LOL, Anything is better then nothing. My old Pings are stuffed in the garage gathering dust. Anyone havin a garage sell. :-)

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 12:46 PM

Does anyone know what "multilayer matchmaking is?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 12:54 PM

Well, wouldn't that (multiplayer matchmaking) be a new competition mode – match play? That way, if you're trailing by 4 holes lost to your opponent & there are only 3 holes left, the game is over.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 1:20 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some aging system involved.  The longer you've had your clubs (ie the more used and worn they are) the less you get back.  Wouldn't that be a bummer to be offered only $3 for all your trade-ins combined because of virtual "wear & tear."

• Laseter
    8 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 1:44 PM

LOL,  I think this is a great idea.  I will take what I can get versus it collecting dust unused anymore.   Look forward to the upgrade.

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 2:43 PM

I bet in most cases WGT will end up getting the club credits back. I for one would use mine to actually enter 1 of the premium tournaments. Others will spend them on newer clubs or balls, etc.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 2:47 PM

Wonder what I can get for new barely used? Think I used my Taylor irons twice. And I used the Z pro wedges once!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 3:17 PM

Lysti:
    And I used the Z pro wedges once!

Not surprised to hear that. The most disappointing purchase for me. I only use one of them now, but when I want to be sure I don't bungle an important shot, I choose the Tour Starter wedge that seems a lot more reliable. Should be the other way round!

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 3:33 PM

The Z wedges are without a doubt the best wedges out there. Nothing beats them for accuracy and spin. No ball on the sting but it will stop on the dime. A good craftsman does not blame hit tools.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 3:59 PM

I wonder then why so many players including the most veritable masters also keep tour starter wedges in their bags.

Making a short-range flop shot (say 15 yds) from bunker with the Z wedge is impossible. You need the tour starter wedge for that.

I'm waiting for a short-range wedge that would increase the tour starter wedge's precision & spin without increasing its nominal distance, because that seems to make it unusable for short-range shots.

RSS