Forums

Help › Forums

Play Better Golf by Thunderbird

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 26 2009 6:06 AM (7 replies)
  • thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 11:32 AM

Here are some tips for you new players out there.

• Take into consideration all the factors that determine how far the ball is going to go.  Wind, slope your hitting into, club loft (lower the loft the more it will roll, etc.), uphill or downhill, and now find out your total distance you need to carry the ball.
    • Know your tendencies.  I personally tend to click late when there is trouble left I just play for it.  If I am getting a bit edgy I click early again I play for it.
    • Okay so your having the round of your life whether that is 4 over or 15 under make sure you control your breathing and heart rate.  So you are probably laughing right now but many of you know as your heart rate increases your reactions time will to.  So that big hook into the trees wasn't a deviation in the game but in your senses.  Deep breaths and a nice drink of water will slow your heart rate so you can shoot the round of your life.
    • Don't be afraid to let the swing meter go every now in then.  I have found that it helps when I have had a string of good holes to let the meter go.  It gets rid of the jumpiness that happens occasionally. 
    • Finally my only putting tip is to hit it hard enough to get to the hole.  Never up never in.

• bryan24
    68 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 12:44 PM

im guessing a deep breath and a sip of your favorite alcoholic beverage would be out of the question?   Seriously good tips... thanks for sharing.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 2:31 PM

thunderbird:

• Know your tendencies.  I personally tend to click late when there is trouble left I just play for it.  If I am getting a bit edgy I click early again I play for it.
  • Okay so your having the round of your life whether that is 4 over or 15 under make sure you control your breathing and heart rate.  So you are probably laughing right now but many of you know as your heart rate increases your reactions time will to.  So that big hook into the trees wasn't a deviation in the game but in your senses.  Deep breaths and a nice drink of water will slow your heart rate so you can shoot the round of your life.
  • Dobre!
  • mb386
    61 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 4:38 PM

So this is how I should improve my game!

Thanks for the tips.

• lazurges
    8 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 11:59 AM

I'm having a lot of trouble with adjusting for slope.  Particularly if I'm hitting onto an uphill green, it seems like it's impossible to get the ball onto the green without it rolling 10yds past the hole

• DeaneGithens
    11 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 6:37 AM

Yeah,I'm always looking for the Beer girl out on the courses,LOL.

• JonnyBau
    72 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 5:54 AM

personally i just try no to think about whats goin on, and just play like i know i can. I look at the water on the right and the 40% lie on the left and just know i'm putting it dead center. I've hit the shot 1000 times in the center, i am going to do it again. In a multiplayer game,i just say to myself, i'm going to stick it inside them. I tell myself i'm going to get it close or hole it. When i'm puttting i read the greens and putt, reguardless of what happens i'm just trying to make it

• brockly2009
    18 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 6:06 AM

good tips T, hope I get to play you somtime!

• RSS