Forums

Help › Forums

Help me figure this out?

Wed, Feb 23 2011 9:49 AM (5 replies)
  • EchozZz
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:52 PM

I wish I could contact admins or something, but I am trying to figure out Why there is no instant messaging with friends on your friends list? It seems to me the site would get more play time, and more frequent users.

If people could communicate with each other instantly. That is one of the features that has made Facebook, Myspace, yahoo, msn, etc, SO popular. Instant messaging with friends and fellow golfers. 

I heard this site has been in "Beta" for 2 years or so now, Is it still possible for someone to edit the friends and create an instant messaging system? For instance, I can't directly contact someone and ASK them about their game, or if they want to play one. Maybe he can't right now but can in about 10 minutes...I don't know that, and have no way of finding out, I want to play with friends as much as I can....

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree right now..,.,But what does everyone else think?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 7:30 AM

Hi,

Right now, there are not but many people utilize those means as a way of communicating with friends. We are still evaluating it on our end. I don't know if it will happen, but if it does, we are likely announce it ahead of time.

-wgticon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 8:25 AM

WGTicon:
    there are not but many people utilize those means as a way of communicating with friends.

If you're referring to WGT's built in PM system that would be because it takes forever to a.) load your profile and b.) get your messages up.

I think what the OP would like to see, and I would too, is the ability to click on your friend's name on your list and be in a chat box right away. ICQ is this way and it is extremely convenient. It might also do away with sitting on your thumbs in the start screen of an AS game waiting for a 4th.

ICQ was the way the entire Links LS experience went down and it worked. You spent the time looking for the matchup before you went out.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 8:48 AM

Maybe it woould be as easy as just extending the "Invite" option for more time?

I/e i think there is a 2 minute timeline on it now, say it could be extended to 5 minutes?  There's already a message feature in it when you decline an invite, so that could be enough to make things work short term.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 8:56 AM

MBaggese:
    Maybe it woould be as easy as just extending the "Invite" option for more time?

Oiy! Please, no. Getting there knowing three players are  waiting for invites trumps.  :-)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 9:49 AM

YankeeJim:

WGTicon:
    there are not but many people utilize those means as a way of communicating with friends.

If you're referring to WGT's built in PM system that would be because it takes forever to a.) load your profile and b.) get your messages up.

I think what the OP would like to see, and I would too, is the ability to click on your friend's name on your list and be in a chat box right away. ICQ is this way and it is extremely convenient. It might also do away with sitting on your thumbs in the start screen of an AS game waiting for a 4th.

ICQ was the way the entire Links LS experience went down and it worked. You spent the time looking for the matchup before you went out.

No, I am referring to other means like instant message. I do not count our system as instant message.

The thing is: it's quite hard to implement an effective way of communicating. It's also resource hog. Often times, 3rd party solutions just maybe better. But, that does not mean that we have given up and we are always discussion ways to improve our communication on forums and between players who are not in game

-wgticon

RSS