Help › Forums

Join a group at your level

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:07 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RSoldin
    13 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 2:59 PM

I would like to add a suggestion to the ongoing list of suggestions.

I am in the master level and when I click to join a group, I very seldom find other master players in the groups I am searching through. To have a button in the join a group or create a group that allows you to choose the level of the players you are looking for, it would speed up the time it takes to join a group.

My 2 cents

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 4:15 PM

OMG!!    ^^   ELITIST!!!!  ^^

lol, kidding, of course.  I do like this idea. 

Thanks

• stinkyTOE
    9 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 2:07 PM

same goes when your a rookies getting matched wth pros

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 10:15 AM

Thanks for your suggestion.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 4:16 PM

I must be confused.  I thought  the play was against the course.  What difference does it make what the other players rankings are?  On the other hand, I've been rejected when trying to join a random group but it happens so fast I'm never sure why.  Perhaps my deodorant???

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 12:09 AM

I usually play better when I'm matched up against better opponents, and I usually play sloppy when I'm supposed to be the best player in the group. It does matter a lot who you are playing against. Being challenged is good for anyone's play.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 4:30 AM

The challenge is the course.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 4:47 AM

The challenge often decreases or increases depending on who you're playing with. It's indisputable.

(In real golf, too. There are many reports on how someone playing on the same flight with Tiger Woods can make them excessively nervous, damp their confidence, etc. etc.)

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 7:04 AM

Tiger is a poor example.  He is such an outlier that he cannot be compared.   I haven't found anyone elses' play impacting mine to any measurable degree.  I am sure that if I played with Tiger my performance would be severely impacted. Heck, one beer makes it impossible for me to make contact with the ball...:)

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 7:06 AM

Indisputable is pretty extreme...kind of like claiming fact by majority opinion.:)

• PAGES
RSS