Forums

Help › Forums

CC vs CC Matches

Tue, Mar 1 2011 1:27 PM (32 replies)
  • PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 10:36 AM

You must have just ignored the part where I said I had not heard anything of this competition, and the part where I said I'd play anyone. I was simply throwing out an assumption as to why whoever it was that made this decision did so. There were no forum posts in our club nor discussions about this competition, so don't go throwing out blanket statements that "we are all just a little insecure", WE knew nothing of this. I'll play any of one of you, as i said in my previous post. I find it quite hilarious that you think we're scared to play you(and we're the ones being called cocky, pot meet kettle), considering that both myself and speedy have stated WE KNEW NOTHING OF THIS COMPETITION, so exactly how can one be scared of something we weren't aware of?

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:16 AM

Sounds like a good grudge match brewing here!!!! Why don't we all get together and play a round. If nothing else we can badger each other in the chat box and enjoy the entertainment. I have no problem playing/losing to a lower tier. I do it all the time. Of course.. if the banter is not welcome, I will gladly put a sock in it.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 1:13 PM

As the Director of Operations of the Elite CC, I'll set the record straight.

Not one member at TECC, and I mean no one, has said anything about one Club being better then the other, ever. Everyone from the ECGA can just stop posting with hearsay to that affect. I sent a message to the Team Director of the ECGA respectfully declining participation in a CC vs CC tournament. Not because the ECGA members weren't good enough to play with the members of TECC. The people of the ECGA have wrongfully perceived these precedings, IMO.

Anyone from the ECGA who feels like they've been "slighted" by TECC is purely mistaken, and no one at TECC has cast judgment on anyone or any CC, at any time. We at TECC don't feel like we're better then any other player, or CC at all, whatsoever.

The ECGA will have to explain how they have come to the conclusion that TECC has done something wrong after respectfully declining from a CC vs CC tournament when we reserve the right to do so.

(Richard4168) TECC D.O.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 2:04 PM

My friends. As I stated.Unforeseen obligations. Why would I have to explain this any further? Would it make you feel better if I explained the unforeseen obligation. Both I and Rich "Respectfully" declined your "Community Wide Invitation". This was NOT a personal invitation from 1 cc to another. But again, that’s neither here or there. We treated you and your cc with the utmost respect. Then I receive a pm informing me of this thread. My goodness. If this bothered you so much, why then Clark,as Tourn. Director did you not contact me personally if you needed further clarification of my obligations, which by the way I personally would never expect anyone to explain there obligations to me. If we are talking about Class - Respect - Dignity, and being gentlemen of the game, well you surely haven’t shown it in this thread. Even after ALL your bantering, name calling, and just plain rude comments not one of our members have said ANYTHING out of line, nor will they.My friend. Good Luck in ALL your endeavors. Your friend in the community...edge

• corace
    276 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 2:27 PM

Richard4168:

As the Director of Operations of the Elite CC, I'll set the record straight.

Not one member at TECC, and I mean no one, has said anything about one Club being better then the other, ever. Everyone from the ECGA can just stop posting with hearsay to that affect. I sent a message to the Team Director of the ECGA respectfully declining participation in a CC vs CC tournament. Not because the ECGA members weren't good enough to play with the members of TECC. The people of the ECGA have wrongfully perceived these precedings, IMO.

Anyone from the ECGA who feels like they've been "slighted" by TECC is purely mistaken, and no one at TECC has cast judgment on anyone or any CC, at any time. We at TECC don't feel like we're better then any other player, or CC at all, whatsoever.

The ECGA will have to explain how they have come to the conclusion that TECC has done something wrong after respectfully declining from a CC vs CC tournament when we reserve the right to do so.

(Richard4168) TECC D.O.

Maybe you should go and look at your message you sent to me again, I posted it above again. It is well written out, that you think we weren't good enough. Thats not hearsay. 

• corace
    276 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 2:39 PM

overtheedge:

As I stated. Unforseen obligations. Why would I have to explain this any further. Would it make you feel better if I explained the unforseen obligation. Both I and Rich "Respectfully" declined your "Community Wide Invitation". This was NOT a personal invitation from 1 cc to another. But again, thats niether here or their. We treated you with the utmost respect. Then I receive a pm informing me of this thread. My goodness. If this bothered you so much, why then Clark,as Tourn. Director, did you not contact me personally if you needed further understand of my obligations. If we are talking about Class - Respect - Dignity, and being gentlemen of the game, well you surly havent shown it in this thread. Even after ALL your bantering, name calling, and just plain rude comments not one of our members have said ANYTHING out of line. My friend..Good Luck in ALL your endevors...Your friend in the community...edge

Lets see Class-Respect-Dignity, I fist learned about the decline in the thread you posted in here. That wasn't bad, except, what did you just say about contacting me personally. Then 2 days later, I get a message, stating we weren't worthy. That's how it reads, that's how I take it. That in no way a class act!!

Actually, this is all a good thing. Since others reading, ECGA has gotten many invites to play against other clubs. Win or lose, we will enjoy ourselves!

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 2:50 PM

Very good...Good Luck.

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 9:19 PM

Wonderful weather for the time of year eh? 

• Evolushun
    53 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 6:59 AM

Yeah...cold with a chance of low class precipitation!  Whatever. TECC or whatever you guys are need to change your name...or better yet, keep the name but make sure you let all who try to join know that they need to have their noses pointed to the sky.  The fact that you cannot even read what you wrote and try to put the blame on us for "misinterpreting" your meaning shows you are either immature or ignorant.  Neither one will get you very far in life so keep that in mind.  And for the record, if something changes and a match is set up against you, I will respectfully decline as well as your team is not worthy of our time to waste in setting up matches you all probably won't even show for.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:39 AM

Hi Clark,

After further discussion with Jeff our Club owner and several of our Club members, at this time, we are respectfully going to decline the CC vs CC tournament we discussed due to player experience discrepancies between our two Clubs. We feel there will be an unfair playing advantage in the tournament based on the experienced players our club possesses. This determination is purely based on each players stats from each CC, and not the individual.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Hey Guys....... I think the whole problem here can be traced to the above sentence which I have put in bold print. It is obviously not illegal or malicious to write this but I personally think that it is rather demeaning and I would have been "pissed" if somebody directed it at me. I think it is obvious that if you compare stats and experience level, Our CC wins that competition. What does that mean? absolutely nothing.... I think the point of the CC vs. CC tourneys are just to have fun and meet new people. I also keep in mind that it would not be respectful to start a CC vs. CC tourney if you are having doubts about having enough time to efficiently get it completed. I want to apologize again that our CC came off looking like snobs. Once again, I know most of the members very well as well as Jeff, the owner. He is not a snob. I promise you. I would not be a member of such a club. Jeff puts in a lot of time, effort, and money to keep this CC going strong. I hope that in time there will be no hard feelings between us.

Sincerely,

Speedy

RSS