Forums

Help › Forums

Im new and wondering why the BPB course is BS?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 5 2009 3:12 PM (7 replies)
  • imaloser
    32 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 6:03 AM

I dont get this game? I mean it is cool but how can I play Bethpage when several of the par 4s arent reachable in 2 shots? The other course available is fun but Bethpage Black sucks! It says I am pro and I cant drive the ball 250 yards, how unrealistic can you get?

Maybe the people who designed this game should make it so other factors come into play like weather, tougher bunkers, etc.. but being able to drive the ball far enough so you can hopefully get on a par 4 green in 2 shots shouldnt be an issue. Overall it becomes less fun knowing I can only play 2 courses total, unless I play the lame closest to hold contest, I wouldnt think that is what the website wants for people to get bored?

Oh well have fun, just a newbies thoughts on this.

M

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 6:24 AM

Yes, you're only person no. 549,892,071 to complain about this.

However, if you want to enjoy Bethplage Black, simply enrol in the August International unlimited-play tournament. You get to play from ladies' tees there, with no wind, too. Green-in-regulation more than possible on every hole, not to mention eagles and albatrosses (although there's only been 1 in WGT history so far, and not on BB).

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 11:40 AM

be very careful playing the international.....u might end up in the master tier....

• imaloser
    32 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 1:24 PM

thats cool you can play from the shorter tees but overall it doesnt make sense. maybe if they had more courses to play it would at least make it more fun... i got addicted for a while but now im bored with the fact i can only play one course where i can actually get away with 225 yard drives, with the wind i get the additional 10 yards lol

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 1:27 PM

You could always just buy some new gear...the game is free. Playing among the best isn't.

• imaloser
    32 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 1:35 PM

hmmm.. do you get to play on more than 2 courses as well? also how much does stuff cost?

i do admit the game is nice because its difficult but after a while its not fun lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 2:31 PM

You can buy the best driver for $9, the Tour Starter club set for $8, the Spider putter for $4, and GI-D balls for $0.50. That's about $21 that might increase the fun you get out of this game. (Only 2 stroke play courses for the foreseeable future, though.)

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 3:12 PM

The more you play the better you get at it just like real golf!  I play guys on here regularly that can play BPB under par using only the starter set that all players are given when they first sign up.  It is a matter of learning what the clubs will do and where to aim them to do it.  The real key to shooting lower scores is to improve your chipping and putting..............hummmmmmmm, again just like real golf.   One word of warning however, this game is very addictive and once you get hooked it is amazing the amount of time you can waste on here!  

RSS