Help › Forums

Whooohooo! Got my 1st hole-in-one

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 13 2009 1:51 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Trakkur
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 11:57 PM

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and tonight I finally got my 1st hole-in-one, on the 14th hole of Kaiwah Island during the 9-hole stroke play tourney. I even followed it up with a birdie on the next hole...but sadly I had a few brain-farts on #17 and plopped 3 into the water before getting one on the green and draining a rather long putt. :( Stupid hole caused me to miss the prize money.

Oh and I just shot a record (For me) 3-under par round of 33 in the same tourney...so I think I'm finally getting the hang of things. No holed out shots yet, but a few really close, and a couple more damn near hole-in-ones too.

Now to start placing in some tourneys.

Does anyone have any tips on equipment, etc? I don't *want* to spend any $ on the game - but will if it really helps. What does everyone think?

I'll gladly take all friends, and invites to play if I'm around.

See ya on the greens!

-Trakkur

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 12:47 AM

Trakkur:
    Does anyone have any tips on equipment, etc? I don't *want* to spend any $ on the game - but will if it really helps.

It would really help even if you simply bought the Tour Starter set for about $8. It would help a lot more if you bought the Ping Rapture set for about $27, and complemented it with the Spider putter for $4, and GI-D balls for about $0.50 per 3 balls (lasting only a few days of play). All these things increase the forgiveness aspect of the game while also increasing the quality of your game. All the other club brands may be even better in terms of their precision, etc., but they are significantly less forgiving, resulting in an increased number of badly bungled shots (drive ends up in the woods, etc.), and your average score might not improve that dramatically.

PS: Congrats on that hole-in-one, I've only seen it done by my opponents in multi-players three times or so thus far.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 1:12 PM

Congrat's!

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 1:15 PM

A long driver, tour starter irons...all u need, for now. That should be enough to get you into some winnings. My thoughts on this whole game was, well it's initially free to play, cool right? Then I figured this game is pretty tight and I can see myself playing it for a while. So I dumped some money into it, figure if you had to buy this game it would probably retail for around 29.99 as it stands right now. So, you got $30.00? It'll buy you everything you need plus some left over for entry fees in premium tourneys. Or you can tough it out and win your crs for purchases later. All in all, yea anything you buy is going to be better, they don't release worthless items.

I prefer to just buy it myself. I won a Ping G10 in a CTTH and a week later they released the R9. I was like SON OF A...anyways. Support your WGT, or torture yourself =) Up2u Good luck man.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 7:05 PM

Congrats dog! I got my first and so-far only hole-in-one at Bethpage on hole #14

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 7:35 PM

Congrats!

One and only.. Kiawah #17 during a tourney.. yea, I really really needed it!

• Dhani
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 8:04 PM

i have 5 of them in the last 6 days

2 in one day twice now

all of them on different holes

check out my replays

i am the hole in 1 king!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 12:28 AM

Ah, yes. You are that famous player who shot a 61 on both Bethpage & Kiawah on the very first day of joining this site.

Well...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 1:39 PM

Y'know.. Faterson and I usually disagree on many many things.. but, Dhani, you are not one of them... which part of the following is hard to understand?

Each user participating at WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) may have only one player account. If you wish to create a new player account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If World Golf Tour determines that you have more than one account, all accounts created subsequent to the first account may be automatically terminated without notice.

Good luck keeping those winnings... and the account(s).

• bobbadgley
    22 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 8:29 PM

You should get the R-9 driver.  It is faster on the meter but when you get used to it it gives you a chance to get on ALL of the par 4's and some of the par 5s in 2 even.  Money well spent if you want to play this game very much. 
    Good luck.

• PAGES
RSS