Help › Forums

Meter worse after last update?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 11 2011 8:27 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 11:45 AM

Hi, for almost a week my meter has been impossible. It does not "jump" more often than before but it is NEVER smooth. It jumps 5-7 pixels at the time, like a stroboscope. I have tried in FF, Safari and Chrome and it is the same everywhere. I used to have occasional problems that would be resolved after restarting the browser and switch off all unnecessary applications, but that does not help no more. Clean boot and fresh browser (with no WGT homepage up) still gives a hopeless meter. 

I have a MacBook Pro with 8Gb memory and dual core and whatnot, so the computer should definitely be up to par.

Has anyone else noticed any difference?

As it is, I can not play.

The meter problem must be resolved. WGT, if you are lost, hire me for a week and I fix it for you. 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 11:58 AM

Mine is fine this week, in fact never better. I swear 360 Amigo helps, although I'm told it can't.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:00 PM

what is 360 amigo piz, a software?

Edit: Found it on the net and read about it. I guess I'll scope it, but I don't think it would do any more than the TuneUp Utilities 2010 I use. Will see...

• PRIESTESS
    10,704 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:06 PM

This game is useless on mac laptops.Hope you aren't using Vista too

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:16 PM

Vista on a Mac? ;) Would be like using the free balls for the I15 set...

It used to be quite good, so I do not think it is a Mac problem.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:51 PM

I had smoth meter but stuttery game, slo motion balls and pausey greens after installing latest flash 10.2, game was un-enjoyable, i uninstalled 10.2 flash, and re-installed the version before 2 updates, 10.0.45, game is back smooth, and the usuall occasionaly skippy meter.(but a lesser of 2 evils). 

Also, i always notice friend activity when my meter skips, so wgt need to give us an option to turn off friends in our settings, this would also minimise skips.

But yes, meter is worse than it used to be.

Its same on my i3 cpu with 4 gigs of ram and graphics card and a fast intenet connection and no different on my sisters who has a old bare bones pc dual core with 1 gig of ram running xp and no graphics card, and a slower broadband speed, meter is same in both houses, so don't know what WGT are talking about here:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/36769.aspx

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 1:01 PM

It's a good idea to just have the game window open during games. Close all other pages.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 1:22 PM

piztaker:

It's a good idea to just have the game window open during games. Close all other pages.

I always close everything but the game window

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:15 PM

Closing all the windows and application except your single game window will always give you the best experience.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:24 PM

True. However, and even though I am not one to complain about the age old meter issues, the meter has been really unstable in the last 2 days. In fact the all game stability has.

...and before anyone tells me it is my PC, I very rarely suffer from stability issues on WGT or elsewhere...

• PAGES
RSS