Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs The Serenity Club

Mon, Feb 29 2016 4:25 AM (41 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 2:01 PM

Played RLPParker and he won 1 UP.

He gave me 1st and i quickly went 2 UP, only for him to hole some wonderful putts to go 1 UP himself. I then came back and we were all square at turn. It stayed that way till 18th. Both ended at top of hill after 2nd.....i trickled it down and left it short and my oppo banged it in, great putt again from him.

Really enjoyed it, great company and we have already messaged each other to play again soon

Good luck all remaining players.

• RichJohn
    364 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 3:09 PM

First, you guys are a class CC and great players.  This has been fun for those of us who have played and hopefully will be for those left to play.  Jim Cruz needed his sleep so we got our match in earlier than I expected.  Nico, I don't know where all my shots were this AM but they jumped out of the bag this afternoon on Jim.  Maybe 2 rounds on the same day is the trick.  Anyway, won 5 up with 3 to go.   Thanks to Jim, good player and a gentleman who put up with some old fashion luck like me holing out on number 4 from 30 yards!

Rich

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 3:34 PM

paulenglish beats frenchconnect 2&1

first of all it was a pleasure to play a round with such a top player, your club is full off them but every game has been played it the right spirit.

i have to be honest, i found myself one down after 5 holes but i would have had no complaints if it was 3 or 4, i was lucky jon's putts were inches wide, after this i started finding the ding and by the turn we were level.

on the b9 i found my recent form and was getting close to the pin on several occassions, so was jon but he let me in on a couple of holes and the game finished on the 17th.

jon was a great opponent and one of my best wins, on another day if his putts would of dropped ealy on he would of took it. pleased for are club though that we are giving your great club a decent game.

thanks for the 2 captains who have got this friendly game sorted

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 9:02 PM

BigdogSppe (Champ) vs KenBTexas (Legend) 

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 9:14 PM

BigdogSppe (Champ) vs KenBTexas (Legend) 

played a great fun match against the bigdog last night. Had a nice post written, BEFORE my computer crashed. 

it is late so I will make this one short.

I tried to give him a run for his money and succeeded on a few holes. 2 great eagles for him and not enough birdies for me. The company was good, the chat was good, and the golf was good (better after I got thru knocking it around in the trees on the second)

I felt privileged to play with a fine gentleman. and got a few tips along the way as well.

It is golf it has to be fun.

Thanks you sir great time.

KenB

• Borat74
    2,792 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 6:54 AM

Just played my Game with Saurabh08 ,One hell of a player and Really nice guy,thoroughly enjoyed the game and big thanks to Nico and Rich for getting this on,Saurabh08 wins 5&3,VWP:)

• jacko1972
    927 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 8:25 AM

A little bit of a late reply due to my kids stealing my laptop after my game to watch movies lol, on the result from last nights game against Joe ( Anothernewkid)

We finally managed to get our game finished after playing up to the 15th tee  2 days ago and due to internet connection problems from Joe's side which I can totally understand.

As we left the 13th green we agreed to start playing normally again from 14th tee with Joe 2 up, then when we got to 14th tee, I realised we had played the 14th the day before and said we would halve the hole and start on 15.. LOL I should have kept quiet, as Joe sent his Tee shot 50yds over back of green on the Par 3 14th and finally we managed to halve the hole 7shots later :-)

Was only fair that we still halved the hole and carried on from 15 as thats where we did have the problems the day before.

I managed to pull a shot back on 15 to only be 1 down and then thought I was getting back in it with birdies on 16,17,18 only for Joe to have a couple of lovely saves to take it 1 up..

Many Thanks for the game Joe, well played and enjoyed the company along with the game, win or lose it is always a pleasure when the company makes it more enjoyable.

Cheers

John.

• jpm1234
    43 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2016 6:21 AM

Just finished the match with DaneJanice.  We both had connection problems, but got through it.  It was a tight match -- I was +1 for the first 3, then pulled it AS for 4 holes, then I went +1 again on 9.  AS again on 10, then I took the lead on 11.  

Finished wth a win -- +3 after 17.  

Dane is a very good player -- very intimidating wedges into the hole -- very often at gimme length.  My putter was on fire and was able to hole some longer putts to stay even with his approaches.   In the end -- he lipped out 3 straight holes that would have turned to tide to him.  

Thanks for playing Dane -- maybe we can play again soon!

John

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2016 12:06 PM

Well done everyone in their matches so far, my opponent went on holiday when he heard he was playing me, hope he comes back haha. Should be able to get it sorted some time next week hopefully.

Great to see so many complimentary posts from both cc's regarding their matches, events like this are great for the community as a whole. Looking at my opponents stats I have a feeling my match report might be rather short lol. That's one hell of a team you guys at Serenity have.

Good luck to those yet to play but above all else enjoy your games

Pip

• RichJohn
    364 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2016 5:45 PM

Nico, hope you see this one. I'm on the road and only have access to I-pad.  Derekortt is the correct spelling, maybe he is not getting the friend request with the 0 (zero) in the spelling?  If this doesn't fix it I'll jump on it Monday night when I return home.

Rich

RSS