Forums

Help › Forums

Multiple Accounts

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:51 AM (22 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:59 AM

But what if you had a shared house, or a few members of familly play the game off the same i.p address?

If say my son was playing a game off his account, or a friend who lives in my shared house (if he did play and had an account), it would be same i.p address, and therefore i would get done for having multiple accounts. 

So it is difficult to police, but i think WGT turns a blind eye, because 2/3 accounts = double/triple the $$ spent, so its win win for WGT, what do they care if a amaeture who plays like a legend beats a legend in a challenge match?, they will still get their cut, and the amature has probably spent even more on clubs (not that i condone it)

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 8:14 AM

If you use an adsl modem connected to the phone line for your internet connection it will change.  I got into the habit of switching off my modem when I'm not using the internet.  Thus, when I log onto the internet my IP address is always different. I just think of it as an extra layer of security.  

Question I have which is what I am thinking about in the future is using a proxy server.  Has anyone here have any experience using a proxy server.

Shade

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 8:24 AM

chrisironsbones:
    But what if you had a shared house, or a few members of familly play the game off the same i.p address?

People using a multiple port router with more than one user will have different subnet masks and also their MAC addresses will be different.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:02 AM

Hi,

if you have definitive prove of someone, please contact me via private message or email members@worldgolftour.com.

Thank you :)

-wgticon

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:21 AM

I have no idea about "real" proxy servers, however...there are many websites such as boratproxy.com set up to allow users to enter sites under a different IP to their own.

The problem with these sites are that they use a set amount of random IPs and are easily traceable...I am willing to bet that many websites have blocked people from viewing under these IP addresses (as often someone who uses them are doing so for some misdeed). 

Rob

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:14 AM

Noobingalltheway:

I have no idea about "real" proxy servers, however...there are many websites such as boratproxy.com set up to allow users to enter sites under a different IP to their own.

The problem with these sites are that they use a set amount of random IPs and are easily traceable...I am willing to bet that many websites have blocked people from viewing under these IP addresses (as often someone who uses them are doing so for some misdeed). 

Rob

Not to mention all packets need to pass through the proxy which can be unsecure and like blowing a bowling ball through a straw...  you have to watch out with these.

• snorkeljuice
    2 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 4:04 PM

Not every multi- account holder has nefarious motives. Some just go back to playing with starter equipment for the heck of it.  Not really an option to play starters from the back tees. No tourneys, no match play challenge, no RG's.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 4:50 PM

Snorkejuice you seem to know a lot about this site...considering you just joined today...you even know some abbreviations...nice 31 on your first round. 

• MonumentValley
    58 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:55 PM

snorkeljuice:

Not every multi- account holder has nefarious motives. Some just go back to playing with starter equipment for the heck of it.  Not really an option to play starters from the back tees. No tourneys, no match play challenge, no RG's.

Long live the cheeznutts.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 6:43 PM

The multi account issue here is a moot point, WGT does not enforce or care if members have multiple accounts. More accounts = more money in their eyes, sad but true so don't get worked up about it imo. JB

RSS