• robertwalters
    68 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2015 7:33 PM

for me 7 out of 9 head winds

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2015 8:50 PM

krskfr:

I dont care what anyone thinks, but wind direction and strength should be the same for all in a ready go tourny... Just makes it fair. Not trying to complain, but rather make the case. Cheers all. Your friend and mine, K.

Does it happen in real life? No.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2015 5:15 AM

I don't know if it's the luck of the draw, but every par 4 & 5 I always get R-L, L-R, or head.  But on the 3's it's just about always a tail.  Go figure.  Doesn't matter what course.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2015 5:30 AM

This is something we've all talked about for years. It's never going to change though so we have to deal with it. The wind conditions are supposed to even themselves out for all players and sometimes you get a good wind set and sometimes a bad wind set. I seem to more often than not get a bad wind set though but wgt will tell you that the wind is completely random. Just like i randomly always get a head wind on the 9th & 10th at St Andys.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2015 5:51 AM

courteneyfish:

Does it happen in real life? No.

Neither are green speeds.... So.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2015 6:08 AM

DAZZA501:

This is something we've all talked about for years. It's never going to change though so we have to deal with it. The wind conditions are supposed to even themselves out for all players and sometimes you get a good wind set and sometimes a bad wind set. I seem to more often than not get a bad wind set though but wgt will tell you that the wind is completely random. Just like i randomly always get a head wind on the 9th & 10th at St Andys.

Then it must be the luck (or bad luck) of the draw.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:06 AM

mathia14:
    talked about for years. It's never going to change though so we have to deal with it. The wind conditions are supposed to even themselves out for all players and sometimes you get a good wind set and sometimes a bad wind set.

yea, even itself out, sure!!! And i got a bridge to sell you for half-off, lol... Perhaps someone from WGT will consider making the wind conditions identical for all players in a specific tournament or Big Money event. Just trying to legitimize this game more (even though it's fairly legitimate as is). Other than that, no complaints, Happy New Year to all chaps and chumps, your friend and mine, K.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:19 AM

krskfr:
    Perhaps someone from WGT will consider making the wind conditions identical for all players in a specific tournament or Big Money event. Just trying to legitimize this game more (even though it's fairly legitimate as is).

It wouldn't legitimize anything, all it would do is create a new and simple way to cheat*. Not what anyone wants in any tournament.

* as I described in an earlier reply.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2015 9:26 AM

PaulTon:
    It wouldn't legitimize anything, all it would do is create a new and simple way to cheat*. Not what anyone wants in any tournament.

no one cheats in this game, its impossible (unless they opened up an account prior to 2009 when "auto dinger" was available). I've looked into this accord and there are no software programs on the market to do so. I used to label some of the top players (like FMagnets) in this game as cheats, but was wrong and feel dumb insinuating such an accusation. The only thing that is manipulated is whatever WGT has as its calculus derived from it's own hardware as to the precision of a shot or putt ( to wit players have no control over). I truly believe that this is determined in the early stages (hack - master level) insofar as providing saturations and derivative points of reference contingent on a players true talent. Then WGT uses this formula for your profile going forward to higher tiers and cannot be changed. Hope this makes sense to you guys, it's a bit tough to explain. Cheers, your friend and mine, K.

RSS