Forums

Help › Forums

different tiers for stroke play and ctth

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 28 2009 9:58 AM (1 replies)
  • speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 9:33 PM

Is there any way to have seperate tiers for stroke play and ctth? In my opinion, I should be in the master tier for closest to the hole yet I know I should still be in Pro for stroke play. My putting is the reason for that. I have noticed one player in particular that is ranked as amateur but posts scores consistently equivalent to master players. He has done nothing wrong. He plays mainly ctth kind of like myself but the other amateurs have absolutely no chance against him in the ctth. I think it is a flaw in the system and it would be extremely easy  to create a new account and win the amateur ctth competitions every week without graduating to a higher tier. The golfsmith.com gift certificate is incentive enough for somebody that is willing to cheat. Will this be corrected?

• Hydronix
    39 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 9:58 AM

I see what you mean, but I don't think the difference in a Master CTTH player and a Master stroke player would be drastic enough. Generally, someone who gains the Master title (by way of stroke play games) is going to be a skilled CTTH player. Admittedly, some people are better because of their putting and some are particularly worse because of putting, but I don't think the distinction would be significant enough to seperate skill levels by game type. Just my .02

RSS